team and predictions for haven away.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#141 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

BKM twisting words !!!! wonder why he didn't just copy and paste like he always does ?

Nobody on here is saying we are world beaters, but it's deffo the strongest squad we've seen for some time so I can understand why some are getting optimistic about our chances. The game will be on a knife edge, lets hope our strength in depth will see us through.

I dont think our squad could have looked any stronger on paper for tomorrow but we have to perform to our strengths as its derby and we need to want it more.

#142 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

You might come on this forum as TOWN 10 but i have a sneaking feeling you are a jam supporter?????

I very much doubt that Town10 is a jam fan abu, he's just warning people to keep their feet on the ground which isn't a bad thing. haven will be desperate not to lose tomorrow and theres nothing between the two sides, they do have a couple of great centres but I hope we can win the game up front. 

#143 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Unicorn 106 dont you think you are pushing it a bit far A COUPLE OF GREAT CENTRES????.

#144 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Unicorn 106 dont you think you are pushing it a bit far A COUPLE OF GREAT CENTRES????.

Point taken ABU...........half decent then :tongue: Probably the only two players that I would have in our team

#145 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Gotta have 3 big lads on the bench for me for versalitity so it's got be olstrum or carter IMO

#146 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I very much doubt that Town10 is a jam fan abu, he's just warning people to keep their feet on the ground which isn't a bad thing. haven will be desperate not to lose tomorrow and theres nothing between the two sides, they do have a couple of great centres but I hope we can win the game up front.

IMO we are stronger but home advantage is massive in this league. Us by 8 to 12 points. 16-24

#147 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

anybody got any Lambrini? i might need a drop or two before/during tomorrows game.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#148 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

anybody got any Lambrini? i might need a drop or two before/during tomorrows game.

Welcome back Bomber old son, we've all been worried about you. Have you been to the Betty Ford clinic drying out from your Lambrini addiction :tongue:

#149 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

According to H4E we are saying haven needn't bother turning and that we are the worlds greatest team!

That lad could be trouble when he grows up !!!!!    ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#150 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

I do feel we are very strong and they will have to play really well to beat us , and if we produce to the max then they won't beat us .
But it's all down to performance , and we know about our inconsistencies , so nothing is a given . But there's no excuses for us here .
Everyone we want there is there , but games - especially Derbys - are never won on paper , so we have to go and grab it with an uptempo and clinical display . Lets start well and play from infront , then the doubts and memories will flood back into their minds .
Give them a sniff and its all on . I feel it's all on how we play .

#151 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Agree with you there David, we are bound to have a psychological advantage which is why Woods was stressing in interviews about their low key build up. I think they will try and contain our forwards then pass and kick wide at every opportunity. JJP and McAvoy will prob see alot of the ball with Swift trying to make use of any gaps. Their problem will be whether they can contain our pack, and the leigh game showed we arent just a one trick pony. Like you said if we play like we did against Leigh we should win, but who knows in a derby. How the ref plays the game might have a say, especially if he keeps a good 10m and doesn't let Doran talk him to death.
Should be another cracker - Up the Town!
P.s. I wonder if somebody will unmute the Haven fans today as its usually like a library at the Wreck without the Townies. They don't even sing when they are winning. Oh hang on I can hear a trumpet, wow that really gets the team pumped up......

Give us a B....
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#152 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

GET IN THE KELLS END! make some noise.

Up the Town!!

#153 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Callum Phillips . . . "HE'S JUST TO GOOD FOR YOU! HE'S JUST TO GOOD FOR YOU!"

#154 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Haven ( pride of cumbria ) 32 jampots 18 We gonna flog you cant believe Youve dropped carter 

#155 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Haven ( pride of cumbria ) 32 jampots 18 We gonna flog you cant believe Youve dropped carter

how can you be the POWC when we have beat you 7 on the trot. Nice attempt spacey but put your fishing rod away lol

#156 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Are you bringing your keyboard to the match with you?

#157 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Morning Mr Spacecake, have you been on the juice all night watching the seagulls on the dock? Nice to see you're confident anyway, hope you make some noise today - win or lose!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#158 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Need to change from pride of cumbria to shame of cumbria really, with the moral vacuum that's their board, the hilarity over the ground development,where we had to come to the rescue and their mute fans.

#159 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

32-18 would be an easy derby win so I am glad you are very confident spacey.

Edited by town4me, 23 June 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#160 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Oh I will be there jambos totally confident of the win !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users