Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax game

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Really looking forward to this game,hopefully we have not picked up any more injurys after the Sheffield game.Think we can compete with them,Halifax always seem to struggle with our so called postage stamp pitch,i think the score will.be Rams 24 - Halifax 24, att 1178.

#2 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Really looking forward to this game,hopefully we have not picked up any more injurys after the Sheffield game.Think we can compete with them,Halifax always seem to struggle with our so called postage stamp pitch,i think the score will.be Rams 24 - Halifax 24, att 1178.

I'll be happy with that.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#3 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

What is the injury list like.
Know that Brown has a scan on Tuesday, hope its a minor injury.
Need Craven playing at fullback

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

According to paper wev offered batley a five figure sum for gareth moore.. And if what iv also heards true our neighbours are in a bad way

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Back on topic though wev won our last 2 home games against halifax now so we know on our day we can beat them, just depends on who we have injured and who's back. Hopefully get a bigger crowd sunday too, could even be our biggest of season after playing fev and batley on sunday evenings at stupid o'clock kickoff times and decreasing our own crowds

#6 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Which paper?

According to paper wev offered batley a five figure sum for gareth moore.. And if what iv also heards true our neighbours are in a bad way

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

League weekly

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,229 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

If it's "Nosey Parker" then it definitely will be wrong.

I can't see us going for GM myself, now Tom Hemingway, well that might be a different matter.

There is a strong rumour (but no more than that) that quite a few Batley players will be tempted away in the close season by our favourite "butcher's apron" side. Money counts, as we've learned to our sorrow in the past.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Dewsbury have offerd tom a deal, that was going around the moor clubhouse at the weekend, however the gareth moore rumour is in the clubs section in the league weekly not the nosey parker bit.. Says in league express webe announcing a clutch of resignings of our better players in the next few week plus next seasons recruitment plans have already started

#10 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Dewsbury have offerd tom a deal, that was going around the moor clubhouse at the weekend, however the gareth moore rumour is in the clubs section in the league weekly not the nosey parker bit.. Says in league express webe announcing a clutch of resignings of our better players in the next few week plus next seasons recruitment plans have already started

hope this does not include keegan hirst, bretherton hope so, gareth moore might be just what we need at halfback.

#11 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

hope this does not include keegan hirst, bretherton hope so, gareth moore might be just what we need at halfback.

The thing is, why would any of them choose to play for Dewsbury if they had the choice? Moore is an ambitious player who is playing in a team who are challenging for honours. Bretherton is playing regularly in a successful team, and you would be lucky to get Keegan Hirst after we fixed him!

#12 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'd love to know the rationale for any Batley player leaving for Dewsbury (unless he can't get a game at the Mount). Where have the Rams suddenly got the cash to splash? You need to offload some of your 40odd players first!!

#13 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

There is a strong rumour (but no more than that) that quite a few Batley players will be tempted away in the close season by our favourite "butcher's apron" side. Money counts, as we've learned to our sorrow in the past.

For "butcher's apron" read "Super League" and you might be nearer the mark, BSJ.

#14 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

The thing is, why would any of them choose to play for Dewsbury if they had the choice? Moore is an ambitious player who is playing in a team who are challenging for honours. Bretherton is playing regularly in a successful team, and you would be lucky to get Keegan Hirst after we fixed him!

in earlier post said batley were in a bad way.. not me. i agree to what you said but you can keep keegan as i think we have better props at the club anyway. bretherton is a very good player and i would love to see him back with us, as for moore yes ambitious but not loyal.

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

in earlier post said batley were in a bad way.. not me. i agree to what you said but you can keep keegan as i think we have better props at the club anyway. bretherton is a very good player and i would love to see him back with us, as for moore yes ambitious but not loyal.

OK, so I ask again, why would any of them leave Batley if they had a choice? As for Moore, he left us to take up the opportunity to go full-time. Why on earth would a young man turn down that opportunity? When it did not work out for him, he came back to us. I am fine with that. As for Hirst, I am struggling to think of a Dewsbury prop I would swap for him.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ask Flannagan about loyalty he couldnt wait to get back in a dogs shirt and any of the current rams players would give there right arm to be batley players, trouble is they would drop the ball too much with only one arm so we dont want em!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

It is a shame Coolie is awol as he could give us the facts on the batley team from his neighbours dogs hairdresser who once had a driving lesson from a guy who stood next to a guy at a bus stop who knows everything! Failing that Tranqualizer could get something from his bumper book of rugby facts 1972 to bore us with?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,229 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Ask Flannagan about loyalty he couldnt wait to get back in a dogs shirt and any of the current rams players would give there right arm to be batley players, trouble is they would drop the ball too much with only one arm so we dont want em!

Aaah, Flanagan and loyalty might be a theme that you will want to discuss further in a couple of months I believe.

:buba:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Go on BSJ give us a clue. I seemed to have missed out on all the rumors going round.

Edited by Ramite, 17 June 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Aaah, Flanagan and loyalty might be a theme that you will want to discuss further in a couple of months I believe.

:buba:

:download: Ha Ha BSJ don't let fact get in the way of a good story eh :ph34r: And I thought Coolie talked ######! The King is dead, long live the King :tease:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users