Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax game

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

It is a shame Coolie is awol as he could give us the facts on the batley team from his neighbours dogs hairdresser who once had a driving lesson from a guy who stood next to a guy at a bus stop who knows everything! Failing that Tranqualizer could get something from his bumper book of rugby facts 1972 to bore us with?

Typical Dog *hite put it this way, its your moment of glory this season.If you dont win owt this season it will be another 93 years.Youve over spent and your pathetic support for a team in the top four beggars belief.

#22 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Can't argue about the crowds, majorly disappointing. But the other top clubs are struggling too in comparison to what they would expect.

You have nothing to worry about as far as our finances go though. The club is doing very nicely indeed, thanks to some very shrewd ownership. Yes we cant afford to splash the cash, but there arent any problems or makor debts. And we may lose a couple of players as we can't offer the same wages as other clubs can. That's life, and we'll move on and find others.

I'm sure it's only 3 years since we last won something too. Same as you lot.

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Typical Dog *hite put it this way, its your moment of glory this season.If you dont win owt this season it will be another 93 years.Youve over spent and your pathetic support for a team in the top four beggars belief.

Yawn......change the record TranquliZzzzzz.,...

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yawn......change the record TranquliZzzzzz.,...

Wont spoil the suprise sunshine.

#25 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Wont spoil the suprise sunshine.

We all know you are joining Coolie on his dessert island thats not a surprise and its something the entire forum is looking forward to....... its Coolie I feel sorry for tho and give him 3 days before he trys to escape from you on a raft made from coconuts!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

We all know you are joining Coolie on his dessert island thats not a surprise and its something the entire forum is looking forward to....... its Coolie I feel sorry for tho and give him 3 days before he trys to escape from you on a raft made from coconuts!

WHAT A MUPPET. Knowing our luck you would turn up on the rescue ship.THE S.S SINKING PUPPY.

On a serious note if rumours are correct its a credit to your players for still putting in the performances that they are doing.Cant wait to have a couple with us next season,with that attitude.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 18 June 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

I wonder how many current Batley players will be playing for the Rams next season 

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 18 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

I wonder how many current Batley players will be playing for the Rams next season 

Hard to tell as this season we have not thought about it as we still have plenty to play for. However, Dewsbury on the other hand. . . . . . .

#29 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hard to tell as this season we have not thought about it as we still have plenty to play for. However, Dewsbury on the other hand. . . . . . .

It's ok, we have only got survival to play for...... :roulette:

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#30 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Returning to the topic, I think our injury/non-selection problems/poser will see us taste defeat unfortunately this week.

Dewsbury 18 - 30 Halifax

Att: 1230
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

As CF says I think our two victories over halifax so far this year will count for naught - a BP would be our best hope I think.

Rams 16 - 28 Fax

Att 1160

BSJ to win the HTD

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

As CF says I think our two victories over halifax so far this year will count for naught - a BP would be our best hope I think.

Rams 16 - 28 Fax

Att 1160

BSJ to win the HTD

Have to agree. A game we could win, but think Fax will be ready this time and the Toy Town win might work against us. We need BP at least though. Weather forecast not great so lets hope the lack of seaside and country walk conditions boosts the gate...

#33 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Im struggling to see us winning this. Im not not sure we could pick up a BP.
Rams 18- fax 36 Att 1100.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#34 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Have faith, home advantage, always close games with afew points in it at home to halifax so we can win it!

#35 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

4-28 ht very windy!
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#36 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Halifax did what Halifax are good at, getting on a roll and playing open rugby so credit to them. They slowed the play the balll much better than we did. Thought we we pretty decent, outmuscled upfront, some kicking was a bit wayward, some was poor esp lack of 40/20s. But can't fault the effort, application or anything else, a good performance against a very good side. If we can get Spicer and one or two others back for next 5 winnable games, things are looking good.

But they stuck at it, even saw a good run from Pryce, took a very poor pass on his own line, put in a crunching tackle on Tyrer, saved a try when Morton mis kicked a ball in -goal, so yes he should take the ball up harder but he makes zero errors, draws defenders and still does this whilst carrying an injury.

Vinyl Finnegan is poor defensively, he cannot man mark. So yes time for Craven.

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 23 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#37 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?[/quote]

Probably whining to the ref about the constant head shots that were going in and not getting penalties for them, the ref was totally ###### and was surprised there wasn't loads if punch ups, he didn't control the game well at all.

#38 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Quite an entertaining game for the most part. Dewsbury started brightly, but once Fax got 12 points in front they were never going to lose. The Rams never gave up, but didn't have the guile to get back into it.

#39 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Halifax did what Halifax are good at, getting on a roll and playing open rugby so credit to them. They slowed the play the balll much better than we did. Thought we we pretty decent, outmuscled upfront, some kicking was a bit wayward, some was poor esp lack of 40/20s. But can't fault the effort, application or anything else, a good performance against a very good side. If we can get Spicer and one or two others back for next 5 winnable games, things are looking good.

But they stuck at it, even saw a good run from Pryce, took a very poor pass on his own line, put in a crunching tackle on Tyrer, saved a try when Morton mis kicked a ball in -goal, so yes he should take the ball up harder but he makes zero errors, draws defenders and still does this whilst carrying an injury.

Vinyl Finnegan is poor defensively, he cannot man mark. So yes time for Craven.

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?

It was one man rugby for most of the game. Finigan should be dropped - simply awful. Scott had another bad game and went missing again in defense and cost us two tries. Craven back at full-back and Pryce on the wing. Still need another centre as Scott isn't good enough. On the plus side I was impressed again with Lillycrop, Hepworth and Walshaw. Morton is the new Bryn Powell and Bentley looks to be strong running from dummy half. 

Bring on Workington!

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Aizue didn't play today - is he injured?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users