Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Soward to London Broncos

Is this true?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I've just read on Twitter that Jamie Soward has been granted an immediate release to join London Broncos.  Obviously this would be great for the Broncos, although it is a real pity that the rest of the team looks pretty hopeless in one way or another, but I don't know how reliable the tweet was as it wasn't made by someone whose name I recognise.

Anyone heard anything to confirm this story?

ETA: just 'confirmed' by Rugby League Week on Twitter.

Edited by Saintslass, 17 June 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#2 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

@FOXSportsNews: BREAKING: @NRL_Dragons grant Jamie Soward an immediate release to join London Broncos #NRL

I'd tryst fox reasonably well

#3 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yes it's official

http://www.dragons.c...se-Soward/77344

Whether it's London?

Edited by amh, 17 June 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

It explains why Gower left London.Free's up cap space .

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 17 June 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Only there til the end of the season though.

It's time to park the camels.

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

It doesn't seem that way. Why replace a player who is playing well?

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Only there til the end of the season though.

Indeed. The conspiracy deepens.

I think it is safe to assume it is Broncos, Salford would hardly have wanted him on such a short deal.

#8 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Rugby League Week reporting its the Broncos on Facebook.. until the end of the season.. pity he couldn't bring Matt Cooper with him also..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

with broncos for the rest of this season before joining penrith on a 4 year contract.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#10 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

I don't think so. Pure coincidence that Soward had a huge fall out with his coach at the same time as Gower was, for whatever reason, leaving London.

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

It doesn't seem that way. Why replace a player who is playing well?

I don't think so. Pure coincidence that Soward had a huge fall out with his coach at the same time as Gower was, for whatever reason, leaving London.

I apologise.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#12 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hopefully arrives in London in time to help their Challenge Cup campaign... which unfortunately is one of the few things us London fans have to look forward to this season...

Posted Image

#13 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Official release: http://www.londonbro...hp#.Ub7mhPnfCSo

Posted Image

#14 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Dave 'Nosey' Parker is reporting in this morning's League Weekly that Soward had turned down an approach from London and had been persuaded by his old St. George coach Nathan Brown to join St Helens for the rest of the season.

Must've changed his mind back again. :biggrin:

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

I think Gower leaving was to do with his other half being due to have a baby soon and the opportunity coming up to move back to Oz

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think Gower leaving was to do with his other half being due to have a baby soon and the opportunity coming up to move back to Oz

It was probably a number of things.

#17 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Dave 'Nosey' Parker is reporting in this morning's League Weekly that Soward had turned down an approach from London and had been persuaded by his old St. George coach Nathan Brown to join St Helens for the rest of the season.

Must've changed his mind back again. :biggrin:

i take everything parker writes with a massive dose of salt, according to him 3 weeks ago rhys hanbury had signed a deal with salford and widnes were bust....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

That's just garbage because we don't have any space on the quota. 

#19 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

just think though if you got shut of hohaia you could get a decent player like soward.

#20 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

I hope the visa stuff doesn't take too long not least because I'd love to see whether Soward can actually make a difference to the London team.  His very recent involvement at NRL level should bring a dynamism to the group and inspire some of the lazier lot to actually work hard for a change.  Pity London couldn't grab hold of a couple of big forwards on loan to give them some grunt up front to make Soward's life a little easier. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play in our game, albeit for a short time.  I hope he makes it over in time for the Challenge Cup match because at least that is going to be televised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users