Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh away Sunday

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sounds like no Browny on Sunday - probably an early guilty plea for punching

last Sunday & a 1 match ban, but Fordy could be back

#2 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Would be good to see fordy back,hopefully for more than one game .

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Ref: M Thomason

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Sounds like Fordy back & maybe move Jack Latus to 2nd row, Ed Smith & Ryan Mallinder

in contention for places also.

Personally - & I have missed the last 2 games - I would maybe have gone for Fordy at 6

and leave the rest alone.

3 of us going - anybody else??

#5 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

According to Leigh there going to make example of us. Hope we come out fighting like last 2 games.
2 of us are going over.
Jiggynight may be going now bus going.

#6 TVBOY

TVBOY
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Where does it say we are going to make an example of you? I think we will be treating this game like we do every game. Have a safe journey over folks.

#7 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Not a bad result with the team we had out.

Edited by Spanish Knight, 23 June 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#8 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Didn't get the chance of going today but listened on the radio sounded we gave a good account of ourselves.

#9 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

you were the better side 2nd half, you decided to 'keep the ball alive' in any given opportunity...it worked, we couldn't stop you offloading in the tackle.

Scoreline could have been even closer, but 1st half York were very poor. Very impressed with Jonny Presley though, and that Nathan Freer is a monster !!!!

#10 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Positive to go to Leigh and push them alot closer than we did at home, should give you confidence for next few games lads. Also other results seemed to have gone more in our favour than previous weeks.
Posted Image

#11 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

you were the better side 2nd half, you decided to 'keep the ball alive' in any given opportunity...it worked, we couldn't stop you offloading in the tackle.
Scoreline could have been even closer, but 1st half York were very poor. Very impressed with Jonny Presley though, and that Nathan Freer is a monster !!!!

On reflection I would say you summed up the game quite right,to be fair the 1st half saw Leigh get 3 easy tries of which one was a blatatant knock on on your own 20 and your guy raced in,I don't think we had enough penetration near your line in the first half,but second half totally agree we looked like the team we've been for our last 2 home games and some of the Knights rugby was quality.

#12 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

On reflection I would say you summed up the game quite right,to be fair the 1st half saw Leigh get 3 easy tries of which one was a blatatant knock on on your own 20 and your guy raced in,I don't think we had enough penetration near your line in the first half,but second half totally agree we looked like the team we've been for our last 2 home games and some of the Knights rugby was quality.

aye, can't believe the Ref missed that, York through a wayward pass, a Leigh player (Ridyard?) pushed the ball forward along the ground, then picked it up before running 60 metres

We all saw that, from the other end of the pitch (north stand) !!!

Edited by budgiezilla, 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#13 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

aye, can't believe the Ref missed that, York through a wayward pass, a Leigh player (Ridyard?) pushed the ball forward along the ground, then picked it up before running 60 metres
We all saw that, from the other end of the pitch (north stand) !!!

Cheers for the acknowledgement,we can only get better.

#14 TVBOY

TVBOY
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yes but York got away with just as much from the buffoon with the whistle. Like a penalty for a ball steal in a one on one. A blatant knockon at the play the ball where you scored. I do agree that you didn't deserve that scoreline and I thought the game was very entertaining. We want Pressley please. 

#15 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Got to agree about Elvis , had. Good game today , thought we gave a good account of ourselves , young Minikin did well & big Dougie took both his tries well as did young Ed Smith , think with our 1st choice halfback pairing instead of Elvis & a makeshift partner who I think was Fordy it may well have been a lot closer ! But well played lads
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#16 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Also , why do I dislike Gregg McNally so much ? the blokes an overrated pansie !

#17 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

The 'overrated pansie' looked in agony when I saw him in the car park afterwards, Nige..

Some of the rugby the lads played in the second half was outstanding and it was testament to some brilliant, never say die. defending from Leigh that we didnt get a bit closer but Leigh were superb first half. Apparently the touch judge gave the knock on from Ridyard as a charge down !!

You can see why Wigan have signed Hopkins, he's a rampaging monster but Joe Picketts had the last word with a cracking shot on him midway through the second half. Great effort from the lads today once they got out of the blocks. Possibly just had Ed Smith as MOM from Fordy, Elvis and Jack Aldo. Loved the way Ry Mallinder ran the ball in and he's gonna be very good - and we've signed him.

#18 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Also , why do I dislike Gregg McNally so much ? the blokes an overrated pansie !

Now that is just silly.

Why do you dislike him so much ?

#19 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I thought your full back and scrum half were impressive.

For 15 minutes in the second half you looked like the Harlem Globetrotters . Great stuff.

#20 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just something about him ! Sorry , never liked him , very overrated , always comes over as a big time Charlie but that is just my own opinion !