Leigh away Sunday

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Gutted for the lads, deserved a bonus point, what really frustrates me is that Ridyard makes

his comeback against us just when we lose Johnson, Brown, Hadley, Kent & Elliott to injury,

makes you wonder if we had been at full strength what might have happened

Can see why the staff rate Mallinder so highly & great he's signed for 2014, thought a

couple of poor bits of defence (and the ref) cost us yesterday, but played some great

rugby going forward.

Other results not so good for us yesterday, need same teams to be getting beat each week,

so Donny - at Keighley & Hunslet - against Warrington - sorry Swinton - let us down.

#22 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Gutted for the lads, deserved a bonus point, what really frustrates me is that Ridyard makes

his comeback against us just when we lose Johnson, Brown, Hadley, Kent & Elliott to injury,

makes you wonder if we had been at full strength what might have happened

Can see why the staff rate Mallinder so highly & great he's signed for 2014, thought a

couple of poor bits of defence (and the ref) cost us yesterday, but played some great

rugby going forward.

Other results not so good for us yesterday, need same teams to be getting beat each week,

so Donny - at Keighley & Hunslet - against Warrington - sorry Swinton - let us down.

True that Ridyard made his comeback. However, we were also missing Brierley, Parker, Aspinwall and Briscoe from our first choice 17, and had no D/C's available to us yesterday. You aren't likely to gain a BP, if you concede 42. The Pownall try did come from a chargedown, but I thought Ridyard was in front of the player who charged down the kick - have to see the DVD on that one!

That said, you played some amazing rugby in the second half, and offered plenty of entertainment value.

#23 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

True that Ridyard made his comeback. However, we were also missing Brierley, Parker, Aspinwall and Briscoe from our first choice 17, and had no D/C's available to us yesterday. You aren't likely to gain a BP, if you concede 42. The Pownall try did come from a chargedown, but I thought Ridyard was in front of the player who charged down the kick - have to see the DVD on that one!

That said, you played some amazing rugby in the second half, and offered plenty of entertainment value.

Appreciate you had quite a few missing, but we are having to bring in lads from the amateur game

as replacements rather than household names that you can afford & have available

#24 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

The 'overrated pansie' looked in agony when I saw him in the car park afterwards, Nige..
Some of the rugby the lads played in the second half was outstanding and it was testament to some brilliant, never say die. defending from Leigh that we didnt get a bit closer but Leigh were superb first half. Apparently the touch judge gave the knock on from Ridyard as a charge down !!
You can see why Wigan have signed Hopkins, he's a rampaging monster but Joe Picketts had the last word with a cracking shot on him midway through the second half. Great effort from the lads today once they got out of the blocks. Possibly just had Ed Smith as MOM from Fordy, Elvis and Jack Aldo. Loved the way Ry Mallinder ran the ball in and he's gonna be very good - and we've signed him.

Andy it was good to come from a game and really feel good about what we had seen and enjoyed, although we were on the losing side,the way the Knights mustered themselve's after falling behind was immense,it's right tosay the ball handling and passing reminded me of the HGT basketball team and a certain Mr Lemon,perhaps GT is getting basketball passes in the training schedule,that type of rugby in the second half by the Knights was as good as you get in entertainment and that will bring in the crowds,as for the touch judge who gave that decision against the knock on got the wrath of the Knights following at the North End of the LSV.

#25 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Andy it was good to come from a game and really feel good about what we had seen and enjoyed, although we were on the losing side,the way the Knights mustered themselve's after falling behind was immense,it's right tosay the ball handling and passing reminded me of the HGT basketball team and a certain Mr Lemon,perhaps GT is getting basketball passes in the training schedule,that type of rugby in the second half by the Knights was as good as you get in entertainment and that will bring in the crowds,as for the touch judge who gave that decision against the knock on got the wrath of the Knights following at the North End of the LSV.

#26 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

To right he got it aswel , if we could see from other end of field why could he not see when in line with play.
Smug git Thomason just laughs it of if that was me I would be embaressed to be a ref.

#27 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Press report and reaction all here (including Gary Thornton's assessment of that refereeing decision) http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/

Comments more than welcome on that there site.

#28 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

York played some cracking stuff second half, well done to you. First time in a long while that the away side have been applauded like that by the Leigh fans after a game.

#29 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

We've done it before!

www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityknights/matchreports/9055571.Knights_38__Leigh_Centurions_48/

#30 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Don't forget this, mind...

http://www.yorkpress..._Centurions_12/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users