Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth moore to the rams ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

anybody else heard the rumour,he could be joining the rams after the rams tabled a bid to batley for him apparently,true or ###### ???,would be a good signing for us if true, imo

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

anybody else heard the rumour,he could be joining the rams after the rams tabled a bid to batley for him apparently,true or ###### ???,would be a good signing for us if true, imo

could be a few moore coming.lol

#3 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

tom hemingways going to rams. not moore

#4 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

could be a few moore coming.lol

and why do you write that ?

#5 kiddzyy23

kiddzyy23
  • Twitter
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Heard this too doubt it's true,but yesterday I heard it was Hemingway

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I've heard a number of your lot are off to Fev, who have received John Bastian's shopping list recently.

It's that time of year though isn't it? Rumours and agents stirring the pot, trying to make clubs panic.

:fie:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Rumours flying all over the shop at the minute. I've heard two strong ones linking Bulldog players away from the club.

Bottom line is, as long as JK stays, that'll do. He is capable of bringing good quality players to the club and putting them in the shop window for SL. JK will always be able to replace any departing players with good solid next generation players. Powell, Noble and Aston all there yesterday (probably for vastly differing reasons) but coaches want to come and look at Batley these days. That's a nice way for it to be.

On the Moore to Dewsbury rumour, I have to say I doubt that one very much indeed. If you get Hemingway though, you've got a cracker IMO.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah I too don't rate these rumours and with JK in charge I have no issues we will recruit a decent team for next year that can challenge the top three/four rather than an unproven coach that cannot pick a decent team one week from the next. And think on sheep we are still on for a league, cup and grand final wins that would swell the coffers nicely

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yeah I too don't rate these rumours and with JK in charge I have no issues we will recruit a decent team for next year that can challenge the top three/four rather than an unproven coach that cannot pick a decent team one week from the next. And think on sheep we are still on for a league, cup and grand final wins that would swell the coffers nicely

I'm sure you're right and no-one's trying to stir the pot. It's a simple feature of life though that all clubs have to pay their way, and those who are paying out regular winning bonuses on disappointing gates will struggle more than most. Hence you players will be more easily tempted elsewhere for more money.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm sure you're right and no-one's trying to stir the pot. It's a simple feature of life though that all clubs have to pay their way, and those who are paying out regular winning bonuses on disappointing gates will struggle more than most. Hence you players will be more easily tempted elsewhere for more money.

It is indeed a simple economic equation, and I would think we would be as vulnerable as most to this sort of process as we are a combination of success and low income (I presume).

However, I genuinely am ok with this for two reasons

1. It's refreshing and gratifying that we as a club are producing players that are seen to potentially able to play at a higher level.

2. I have faith in my club and the coach to continue to produce players good enough to play at a decent level in this division.

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hmmm I'm from the "believe what you see, don't see what you believe" kinda guy BSJ.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 607 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I heard Danny Maun could be on the way out. Possibly Dews?

Personally I wouldn't like to see anyone leave our club.

#13 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

With due respect going to Dewsbury is a step backwards in anyones career.

#14 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

I've heard the rumours too, some possibly true, also heard of at least three Fev players wanting to come to us, also was speaking to some Rams players this weekend who are very unhappy over the hill there and want away.

Edited by Bat Lad, 18 June 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#15 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

I heard Danny Maun could be on the way out. Possibly Dews?

Personally I wouldn't like to see anyone leave our club.

The last I heard, he was retiring at the end of the season.

SIGNATURE

#16 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Can't really see why Moore would want to leave us for the Rams, unless obviously they can offer him additional money.

It's silly season again though in fairness. Heard rumours about us losing players to both SL and Championship clubs, but also gaining them from two top four rival teams.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens.

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hmmm I'm from the "believe what you see, don't see what you believe" kinda guy BSJ.

Me also as you well know PM. What I have seen is the best players from my club leaving year after year for more money. I can't blame them for that and neither do I blame my club for running within its means.

Your club does this too, admirably I must say, and players will be tempted to go to other clubs who offer more cash. A simple fact of RL life.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

I hope you win the lot as the winning pay will cripple you financially!

#19 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well rombo maybe it will but cant see u lot paying winning pay out much lol maybe thats y all ur players seem to be leaving last time i saw so many people leaving i was watching the titanic sinking lmao

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well rombo maybe it will but cant see u lot paying winning pay out much lol maybe thats y all ur players seem to be leaving last time i saw so many people leaving i was watching the titanic sinking lmao

Speaking of which. When is Tom Hemmingway coming to the Rams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users