Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth moore to the rams ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

rombo........ do us all a favour and take a leaf out of coolies book! :-)

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Speaking of which. When is Tom Hemmingway coming to the Rams?

Soon if the rumours are to be believed, and if you lot are prepared to pay a fee, all the better.

#23 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Just in reply to BSJ's usual sly dig at Batley earlier in the thread - Correct me if im wrong, but im sure I have heard various times in the past that Batley budget accordingly for winning pay - ie they budget for winning pay every week, hence we dont offer the big wages like other clubs, but always carry the money in reserve just in case.

Makes perfect sense to me, and i assume that coupled with a terrific hard working board of directors and volunteers is why we are a solvent
well run club.

Dewsbury, on the other hand, have far more income streams than Batley, and marginally higher attendances, so you have to wonder why we have had the upper hand in recent years.

On the subject of Moore going, at times he can look really good, and other times he reminds me of John Stainburn if Stainburn had one leg, so im 50/50 on whether he stays or goes. Hoping for more of the former for the remainder of the season.

Edited by buford t justice, 18 June 2013 - 01:06 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Perhaps the rams are a cash cow for an individual not a club?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I dont think your far off the mark there Piggy.

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

And who might that be?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm pretty sure batley only offer one year contracts, so struggling to understand why the rams would need to offer a fee, unless they wanted him immediately. Which seems unlikely halfway through a season.

This has also clearly been leaked for a reason by people in the know. I wonder what those reasons are..

#28 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just in reply to BSJ's usual sly dig at Batley earlier in the thread - Correct me if im wrong, but im sure I have heard various times in the past that Batley budget accordingly for winning pay - ie they budget for winning pay every week, hence we dont offer the big wages like other clubs, but always carry the money in reserve just in case.

Makes perfect sense to me, and i assume that coupled with a terrific hard working board of directors and volunteers is why we are a solvent
well run club.

Dewsbury, on the other hand, have far more income streams than Batley, and marginally higher attendances, so you have to wonder why we have had the upper hand in recent years.

On the subject of Moore going, at times he can look really good, and other times he reminds me of John Stainburn if Stainburn had one leg, so im 50/50 on whether he stays or goes. Hoping for more of the former for the remainder of the season.

By Upper hand do you mean profit made as a club, finishing higher in the league table or just beating Dewsbury? It must be very comforting as a Batley supporter to know that you have a Board who set a Budget but also have a reserve fund in place just in case the Budget don't work. Your hard working Board have obviously got the dropping attendance, coupled with constant winning pay  covered with a reserve fund, just in case. No worries at Batley then, you have a reserve fund. Championship RL is on the up if we follow this example. 

#29 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

By Upper hand do you mean profit made as a club, finishing higher in the league table or just beating Dewsbury? It must be very comforting as a Batley supporter to know that you have a Board who set a Budget but also have a reserve fund in place just in case the Budget don't work. Your hard working Board have obviously got the dropping attendance, coupled with constant winning pay  covered with a reserve fund, just in case. No worries at Batley then, you have a reserve fund. Championship RL is on the up if we follow this example. 

I cannot speak on behalf of other posters, but in what ways have we not had the upper hand over the last few years? We are sporting entities so surely the most important way is on the field? Secondly we have beaten you far more often than you have beaten us over the last 5 years. Thirdly we have made small profits over several of the last five seasons.

However, you have, without a doubt got slightly higher attendances than us. Does this constitute you having the upper hand over us?

Finally, while you do have the better attendances as stated, it hardly seems to have made you awash with money and therefore turned you into the predatory recruiters that some of your supporters seem to think you have become. After all, it is only a few months ago you were all concerned about the immediate future after your main shirt sponsor went to the wall!

#30 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I cannot speak on behalf of other posters, but in what ways have we not had the upper hand over the last few years? We are sporting entities so surely the most important way is on the field? Secondly we have beaten you far more often than you have beaten us over the last 5 years. Thirdly we have made small profits over several of the last five seasons.

However, you have, without a doubt got slightly higher attendances than us. Does this constitute you having the upper hand over us?

Finally, while you do have the better attendances as stated, it hardly seems to have made you awash with money and therefore turned you into the predatory recruiters that some of your supporters seem to think you have become. After all, it is only a few months ago you were all concerned about the immediate future after your main shirt sponsor went to the wall!

I didn't say we had the upper hand I asked a question as to why BTJ said YOU had the upper hand?  

#31 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

The last I heard, he was retiring at the end of the season.

Me too.

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

I didn't say we had the upper hand I asked a question as to why BTJ said YOU had the upper hand?  

I gave my reasons why I think we have had the upper hand. I was also enquiring as to why you might think we hadn't. I did not say you had said we hadn't! (apologies if that did not make sense.)To me it seems rather obvious that we have had the upper hand recently and cannot see much wrong in what BTJ has posted.

#33 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

And who might that be?

Has no one connected the disapearance of Coolie and the rams struggle over the last few seasons? The new terrace is obviously some secret bunker in which the evil Dr Coolie plans to wait out the end of the world and finally see Dewsbury as the best and only RL team in the world! Or it could be a fat bloke with a white pussy

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#34 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Because weve beaten you for the last few years quite convincingly thats why.

You've a short memory for a 'young un'.

#35 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

If young Hemingway has shifted to the dark side I feel pretty cheesed off with his dedication. He has a pretty unsettled club career as it is and surely he now realises that form, rotation and injury decides a coaches selection policy

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#36 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Me too.

Your retiring as well Chair

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#37 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Has no one connected the disapearance of Coolie and the rams struggle over the last few seasons? The new terrace is obviously some secret bunker in which the evil Dr Coolie plans to wait out the end of the world and finally see Dewsbury as the best and only RL team in the world! Or it could be a fat bloke with a white pussy

Don't think we have clare short on board. I await Coolie's return to the fray with patience and anticipation - he hasn't done with you yet piggy. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users