Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

State of Origin Freeview Weekend on Premier Sports (Merged Threads)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 7723

• Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Premier sports is free this weekend (6pm Fri 21st June - 6am Mon 24th June).

They are showing loads of old State of Origin matches and 2 live NRL matches in that time.

There is a full schedule on their website.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Friday 21st June at 18:00
1980 Series Game 1
The first ever Origin match from Lang Park set the tone for future battles and silenced the critics who argued that players who were club-mates would go easy on each other.

Friday 21st June at 20:00
1991 Series Game 1
Controversy preceded the series as Arthur Beetson was deposed as Maroons coach and the tension continued in a nail-biter of an opening game that came down to the kickers nerves.

Friday 21st June at 22:00
1991 Series Game 2
This game produced one of the most explosive confrontations and finishes in Origin history. Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer gave us iconic images while O'Connor stole the show during the game.

Saturday 22nd June at 00:00
1991 Series Game 3
The series was tied and set for a dramatic decider. With NSW on top, the ground announcer advised the crowd that Wally Lewis was playing his last game. Everything else is history. 

Saturday 22nd June at 02:00
1993 Series Game 2
Game II in the series is remembered for player and referee errors and the now memorable Origin image created by captains Meninga and Daley in the final few moments of the game. 

Saturday 22nd June at 04:00
1993 Series Game 3
Despite the game being a dead rubber this match provided some of the most open and flowing rugby in Origin history and the usual histrionics with 4 players sin binned for brawling. 

Saturday 22nd June at 06:00

1994 Series Game 1
This game is best remembered for Mark Coyne's try which capped a phenomenal Queensland comeback in the opening game.

Saturday 22nd June at 08:00

1995 Series Game 2
Billy Moore's chanting of "Queenslander, Queenslander" set the tone for a dramatic second half in a game that featured some of the most brutal brawling of any Origin game. 

Saturday 22nd June at 10:00
2013 State of Origin Game I highlights
A 30 minute look back on game I in the 2013 series that saw NSW take the initiative at ANZ Stadium, Sydney. 

Saturday 22nd June at 10:30
Live NRL: Tigers vs. Raiders
The Tigers have restored some confidence and may have a few players back, but they face an attack minded Raiders at Campbelltown.

Saturday 22nd June at 12:30
2002 State of Origin Game 3
With the series tied going into game III in front of 75 thousand at Stadium Australia nothing would give. Look out for Gordon Tallis performing a famous tackle on Brett  Hodgson. 

Saturday 22nd June at 14:30
2005 State of Origin Game 2
Andrew Johns made his comeback for Game II with a man-of-the-match performance having only just made his first NRL reappearance from injury ten days earlier. 

Saturday 22nd June at 20:00
2006 State of Origin Game 3
The Maroons were out to win a first series since 2001 but had it all to do right down to the final few minutes at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne. 

Saturday 22nd June at 22:00
2009 State of Origin game 3
An all out war from Suncorp as NSW attempted to avoid a whitewash. The game saw shocking tackles, a first eight point try and NSW sending off in Origin history.

Sunday 23rd June at 06:00
Live NRL: Eels vs. Rabbitohs
The Rabbitohs could inflict an English overload against the Eels at ANZ Stadium, as the Burgess boys from Yorkshire take to the field.

Sunday 23rd June at 08:00
2012 State of Origin game 1

Sunday 23rd June at 10:00
2012 State of Origin game 2

Monday 24th June at 04:00
2012 State of Origin game 3

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Brilliant, thanks for the heads up. Eels vs. Rabbitohs game should be decent, will be good to see how the Burgess brothers get on. This is quite a clever move with SOO game 2 next Wednesday. I've also noticed they have full listings of their World Cup coverage.

#4 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I wish Sky Sports was free to view like Premier Sports  is every weekend!!! Good job we're on a promo code at a £5 or it'd be sacked

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

thanks-this may get my subscription money at last

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

I have no idea how to approach this weekend. How can I possibly watch all of them?!

Anyone with a greater knowledge of previous State of Origin games, please can you let me know which of those listed above are must see games?

#7 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I think I will be sky+ most of them to watch during the off season
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I think I will be sky+ most of them to watch during the off season

I don't know if you subscribe or not, but I'd be intrigued to see if this would work without a subscription.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think if you Sky+ something on Sky Sports then cancel your Sky Sports subscription with that still on the box, it blocks you from watching it until you resubscribe to sports. Not sure if that's the same with Premier as their subs work slightly differently and not direct from Sky.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

I think if you Sky+ something on Sky Sports then cancel your Sky Sports subscription with that still on the box, it blocks you from watching it until you resubscribe to sports. Not sure if that's the same with Premier as their subs work slightly differently and not direct from Sky.

It's the same for whatever channel you have - if you stop subscribing to it, you can't watch any recordings.

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

It's the same for whatever channel you have - if you stop subscribing to it, you can't watch any recordings.

I think the freeview stuff might still work. I'm sure I've done it before

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I recorded the last Souths game that was on free view and I've never subscribed to PS (yet).

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 hutch

hutch
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Does anyone know how many subscribers premier sports has in the uk?

#14 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Just to let everyone know, starting at 6pm this eve, state of origin classics showing in full, back to back, free view on premier sports.

#15 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Get on this people!  I have seen this stuff before and it's not to be missed.  Make room on the Sky+ for it.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

... yeh, certainly different. Seems a few rose tinted specs from the oldies about the good ol' days.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just home from work and switched it on - it must have been cold in Brisbane that night, everyones really wrapped up.
Billy Thompson at his gesticulating best!

I'm sure the recording only works whilst the Freeview period is still available. I.e if it ends at midnight Sunday night then anything you've recorded prior to that will not be able to be watched after midnight.
Sure that happened when a Freeview period was on at the end of last season. Recorded the Thursday night to watch later but it wasn't possible.

#18 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Watching the 1991 games now. I had forgotten just how big the shoulder pads were in that era (even though I owned a set myself). Some big hits coming in! 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#19 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,683 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Mark Geyer is a dirty ####. Ian Lucas anyone?

#20 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Didn't realise it was Geyer who tw atted Lucas.
On the evidence of tonights SOO I can why it would be this bloke

Edited by shaun mc, 21 June 2013 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users