Photo
- - - - -

State of Origin Freeview Weekend on Premier Sports (Merged Threads)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Didn't realise it was Geyer who tw atted Lucas.
On the evidence of tonights SOO I can why it would be this bloke

If it's the First Test from 1992 we're talking about, it wasn't Mark Geyer, but Paul Harrigan who put Ian Lucas out of that game

#22 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Friday 21st June at 18:00
1980 Series Game 1
The first ever Origin match from Lang Park set the tone for future battles and silenced the critics who argued that players who were club-mates would go easy on each other.

Friday 21st June at 20:00
1991 Series Game 1
Controversy preceded the series as Arthur Beetson was deposed as Maroons coach and the tension continued in a nail-biter of an opening game that came down to the kickers nerves.

Friday 21st June at 22:00
1991 Series Game 2
This game produced one of the most explosive confrontations and finishes in Origin history. Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer gave us iconic images while O'Connor stole the show during the game.

Saturday 22nd June at 00:00
1991 Series Game 3
The series was tied and set for a dramatic decider. With NSW on top, the ground announcer advised the crowd that Wally Lewis was playing his last game. Everything else is history.

Saturday 22nd June at 02:00
1993 Series Game 2
Game II in the series is remembered for player and referee errors and the now memorable Origin image created by captains Meninga and Daley in the final few moments of the game.

Saturday 22nd June at 04:00
1993 Series Game 3
Despite the game being a dead rubber this match provided some of the most open and flowing rugby in Origin history and the usual histrionics with 4 players sin binned for brawling.

Saturday 22nd June at 06:00
1994 Series Game 1
This game is best remembered for Mark Coyne's try which capped a phenomenal Queensland comeback in the opening game.

Saturday 22nd June at 08:00
1995 Series Game 2
Billy Moore's chanting of "Queenslander, Queenslander" set the tone for a dramatic second half in a game that featured some of the most brutal brawling of any Origin game.

Saturday 22nd June at 10:00
2013 State of Origin Game I highlights
A 30 minute look back on game I in the 2013 series that saw NSW take the initiative at ANZ Stadium, Sydney.

Saturday 22nd June at 10:30
Live NRL: Tigers vs. Raiders
The Tigers have restored some confidence and may have a few players back, but they face an attack minded Raiders at Campbelltown.

Saturday 22nd June at 12:30
2002 State of Origin Game 3
With the series tied going into game III in front of 75 thousand at Stadium Australia nothing would give. Look out for Gordon Tallis performing a famous tackle on Brett Hodgson.

Saturday 22nd June at 14:30
2005 State of Origin Game 2
Andrew Johns made his comeback for Game II with a man-of-the-match performance having only just made his first NRL reappearance from injury ten days earlier.

Saturday 22nd June at 20:00
2006 State of Origin Game 3
The Maroons were out to win a first series since 2001 but had it all to do right down to the final few minutes at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne.

Saturday 22nd June at 22:00
2009 State of Origin game 3
An all out war from Suncorp as NSW attempted to avoid a whitewash. The game saw shocking tackles, a first eight point try and NSW sending off in Origin history.

Sunday 23rd June at 06:00
Live NRL: Eels vs. Rabbitohs
The Rabbitohs could inflict an English overload against the Eels at ANZ Stadium, as the Burgess boys from Yorkshire take to the field.

Sunday 23rd June at 08:00
2012 State of Origin game 1

Sunday 23rd June at 10:00
2012 State of Origin game 2

Monday 24th June at 04:00
2012 State of Origin game 3

Many thanks. I would have missed that. Have a great weekend

#23 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

It's the same for whatever channel you have - if you stop subscribing to it, you can't watch any recordings.

Nowt can beat an old VHS video recorder :-)

#24 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Pretty sure it was him wot did it! Still, my memory is not what it was....see AOB post on 'ages'! :-)

#25 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

It was Harragon that effectively ended Ian Lucas' career in 1992.

Edited by deluded pom?, 22 June 2013 - 08:57 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#26 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'm sure the recording only works whilst the Freeview period is still available. I.e if it ends at midnight Sunday night then anything you've recorded prior to that will not be able to be watched after midnight.Sure that happened when a Freeview period was on at the end of last season. Recorded the Thursday night to watch later but it wasn't possible.

I've had it work both ways before. I've recorded games and watched them later after the free view period has ended and I've also recorded free view games and couldn't watch them at a later date but the last time there was a Souths v Manly game on, a couple of months back, I recorded it and watched it back during the following week.

rldfsignature.jpg

#27 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

If it's the First Test from 1992 we're talking about, it wasn't Mark Geyer, but Paul Harrigan who put Ian Lucas out of that game

Yes, you are right. Just watching 1995 and Harragon is there. Still Geyer WAS a dirty ####!!

#28 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Nowt can beat an old VHS video recorder :-)

Or even a new one.  I have a VHS/DVD combo, brand new, and it's great because it means I CAN record all the SOO matches and watch them in the off season!  Just hope the old VHS tapes hold out until I can transfer them to DVD!

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

After all that fuss about Gallen's punching, it's wasn't half as bad as I thought! And I'm not in the 'bring back the biff' campaign.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

After all that fuss about Gallen's punching, it's wasn't half as bad as I thought! And I'm not in the 'bring back the biff' campaign.

Not sure you'd be saying that if you were on the receiving end. :D

Big difference is back in the 80s or 90s that incident would hardly rate a mention. I think at least half the "tackles" seen in these old origin games would be result in a penalty these days.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#31 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Does anybody know how to get stuff off the Sky+ box onto an external hard drive?

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#32 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

The Gallen incident looked the same as Wardle's for me. But he got just a warning and then a 1 game ban.

Whilst there were far more 'dodgy' tackles in the earlier Origin games, out of the 4 I've watched so far, the 2013 game was the least exciting.

#33 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

... yeh, certainly different. Seems a few rose tinted specs from the oldies about the good ol' days.

Aye, tbh I tried giving the first game a go and I'm finding it pretty unwatchable, it's not the sport that I know and love. 

Horrendous passing (not sure if that's something to do with the ball), pretty much every single tackle involves a grapple round the head, players are just bothered about having a bash at each other rather than play, and tbh it is sooooooo slow! The scrums are an absolute mess and there are a couple of strange rules in there too (scrum with your put in if tackled on the last).

Looking forward to watching some of the more modern ones.

I wonder if we'll watch this year's games in 30 years and think the same.

#34 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just watched the first 2013 games, some of the tacklers mess around more than some Rhinos players do.

In the first game of the WC an English player just needs to hammer Gallon all game and not let the thug settle at all.

#35 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Also, Gallen punched Watmough when he was in a tackle and has no way of defending himself. Wardle and Ablett squared to and Wardle got his retaliation in first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users