McNamara heading down under

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

"England coach Steve McNamara will fly to Australia on Wednesday for a three-week whistle-stop trip to check on his NRL-based players ahead of the World Cup."

What a coincidence - just as the Lions tests are about to start - anyone care to bet where he might be on the next three Saturdays?

#2 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

He can do what he wants with his own money.............oh wait a minute.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#3 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Well it seems to me any proper scouting trip ought to include

round 15 Tigers v Raiders

round 16 Panthers v Dragons

round 17 Titans v Panthers

(all Saturday 7,30 kick offs)

If he chooses to go off on other activities (even with his own money) he is not doing the job he is being paid (well) for.

#4 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

I was being facetious regarding him spending his own money Anita. I should imagine that travel, accommodation and "expenses" will be paid by the RFL.

If he's doing a job then I suppose that's fair enough and he's an employee not a slave so I suppose he wont be working 24 hrs a day and can do what he chooses with the remaining none working part of the day. I'd love to see his expenses report though.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#5 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Well it seems to me any proper scouting trip ought to include

round 15 Tigers v Raiders
round 16 Panthers v Dragons
round 17 Titans v Panthers

(all Saturday 7,30 kick offs)

If he chooses to go off on other activities (even with his own money) he is not doing the job he is being paid (well) for.

Steve McNamara’s Australian Schedule:
http://www.totalrl.c...-down-under-r85

Wednesday June 19 - Departs for Australia
Friday June 21 - Bulldogs v Roosters ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Saturday June 22 - Tigers v Raiders Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
Sunday June 23 - Eels v Rabbitohs Parramatta Stadium, Sydney
Monday June 24 - Titans v Storm Skilled Park, Gold Coast
Wednesday June 26 - Queensland v New South Wales Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Friday June 28 - Rabbitohs v Raiders ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Saturday June 29 - Tigers v Storm Leichhardt Oval, Sydney
Monday July 1 - Roosters v Sea Eagles Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Friday July 5 - Sharks v Tigers Sharks Stadium, Sydney
Saturday July 6 - Dragons v Roosters WIN Jubilee Oval, Sydney
Sunday July 7 - Returns to the UK

“I always aim to get over to Australia at least once a year to keep up-to-date with what is happening in the NRL and to meet up with the England players playing in the southern hemisphere," said McNamara.
“I will watch ten matches during my visit, including the second State of Origin. I have been invited to observe Queensland's training camp as they build-up to their game in Brisbane.
“I have also organised meetings with the England players to keep them updated and engaged with our plans as we continue to look ahead to the Rugby League World Cup. Even though I speak to our Australian based players at least couple of times a month, the opportunity to see them in person is vital. They are all excited about this year and representing England on home soil. It is a big deal for them."
The England boss will also carry out a number of media interviews during his time in Australia with a view to creating awareness of the England programme and the progress the international side is making.
“I think it is important to continue to spread the word on the work we are doing at international level,” added McNamara.
“Our boys are doing us proud in the NRL and for the first time in a number of years there is massive respect for our players and their influence within the game. It is important to embrace the sport and there is no better way to create awareness of the international game than speaking to the Australian media in their own backyard.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Well he won`t be seeing much of George Burgess because he`s been a naughty boy. He`s been suspended indefinitely by the Bunnies for chucking a For Sale sign through the back of some poor person`s car in Cairns after their game with the Titans at the weekend. He`s been charged with wilful damage and has to attend court some time in July,silly ######,but all this on the back of Blake Ferguson`s sexual assault charge the previous night in a night club in Cronulla. George is very apologetic and his place on the bench is expected to be taken by twin brother Tom,how ironic!

#7 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

"England coach Steve McNamara will fly to Australia on Wednesday for a three-week whistle-stop trip to check on his NRL-based players ahead of the World Cup."

What a coincidence - just as the Lions tests are about to start - anyone care to bet where he might be on the next three Saturdays?

Yet another well informed post.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

Now two further problems now with James Graham and Gareth Widdup;Graham getting concussed in the two point loss to the Roosters and Widdup probably out for the season with a dislocated hip. Should of stayed home Steve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users