Still no kitman?!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Reading a recent newsletter from Hornets,it would appear that the position of kitman still hasn`t been filled,but not surprising really as the club has the audacity to expect somebody to basically do the job for nothing. What a joke,they had a good man before and paid him a pittance from what I can gather,though I`m sure he would`ve carried on had they continued with the same pittance plus expenses. Wonder who`ll be the next mug to be asked to work for nowt?

#2 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

This issue was raised at the members meeting and was explained.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

What is involved with the job and what is the commitment in respect of time. Does anyone know the answers please?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#4 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

What is involved with the job and what is the commitment in respect of time. Does anyone know the answers please?

You'll probably get a better answer by emailing your questions to info@hornetsrugbyleague.com than you would on here.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#5 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hornets have had more kit men since 2009 than they had in the previous 75 years. The past average stay being 26 years, Billy King did more. Not sure why the stay is so short.  Frank Fielding put in years Mark Reynolds must have done 25+. All of them made sure Hornets looked immaculate.

#6 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hornets have had more kit men since 2009 than they had in the previous 75 years. The past average stay being 26 years, Billy King did more. Not sure why the stay is so short.  Frank Fielding put in years Mark Reynolds must have done 25+. All of them made sure Hornets looked immaculate.

Whoever is the current kitman is also turning the team out immaculately.

With regards to our home kit it is heartening to hear the many non Hornets supporters that are mightily impressed with the shirts.

I was surprised that we did not play in our home kit at Oxford, both teams played in varying shades of blue and at Gateshead the home side played in a purple top whilst we played in the blue away strip?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#7 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

With regards to our home kit it is heartening to hear the many non Hornets supporters that are mightily impressed with the shirts.

I was surprised that we did not play in our home kit at Oxford, both teams played in varying shades of blue and at Gateshead the home side played in a purple top whilst we played in the blue away strip?

Yes I agree

#8 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

As I understand, our kit man does the job for nothing. The last chap washed the kit at home, and on away match days, drove to the game before the team arrived, and all the kit was ready for them , hung up in the changing rooms for when they arrived.Before you accuse the club of meanness, take into consideration that there is little money for clubs in this league, as we are finding out. Low crowds, and long away games are having a devastating impact on Club finances at this level.
As a matter of curiosity, are the Hornets team stopping over the night before your Skolars game this weekend.?

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

We were told by the Oldham Kit Man that he was not allowed to travel on the team bus when we met him on the motorway services last season. If what he said was true that is disgusting. It doers not take that long to set the kit out if you arte organised.

#10 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Here we go again, someone asks a question and it sparks all sorts of comments from 'knowledgeable' people which are written to try and make the club look bad! Ring 648004 and ask what the salary is and what duties are included then you won't have to listen to the people with an agenda!

I must say now though, every game I've seen this season the team has been immaculate so whatever is happening at the moment it is excellent. Someone above has provided the email address so you have all you need to find the answers to your questions.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#11 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

We were told by the Oldham Kit Man that he was not allowed to travel on the team bus when we met him on the motorway services last season. If what he said was true that is disgusting. It doers not take that long to set the kit out if you arte organised.

He was awarded Club person of the year recently,and the many accolades that were said about him,by TB, was that he went ahead to get the dressing room ready for the lads,and that gesture was really appreciated.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

You had the best kit man in Mark Reynolds shame on the people who forced him and Gavin out 

#13 MR51CUK

MR51CUK
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Just to put this in perspective here.
I've just read on this thread that the Oldham kit man does the job for free.
I can confirm that the kit man at 'big spending' Crusaders does too.
Why, especially with money as tight as it is at most clubs should someone be paid if the club are able to get someone to do it free of charge.
Just because someone does it for free it doesn't mean the standard should be any lower.

#14 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

You had the best kit man in Mark Reynolds shame on the people who forced him and Gavin out

I take it you can prove what you have said in your latest post JBBA and that it isn't just another piece of rubbish like you post on the Matt Calland thread? I heard that Mark decided to leave but don't know what reason he gave.

Perhaps Mark would like to clear the issue up once and for all?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#15 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just to put this in perspective here.
I've just read on this thread that the Oldham kit man does the job for free.
I can confirm that the kit man at 'big spending' Crusaders does too.
Why, especially with money as tight as it is at most clubs should someone be paid if the club are able to get someone to do it free of charge.
Just because someone does it for free it doesn't mean the standard should be any lower.
My god,I`ve heard it all now. Because money is "tight",certain people are expected to do work at professional organisations for gratis? You must be joking mate. In an age where there are more billionaires in the world than there were millionaires when I was a kid,nobody should be expected to work in any capacity for nothing and that poor bloke who works for nowt at Oldham isn`t even allowed on the team bus? Presumably he`d be taking up the seat generally occupied by the CEO`s bimbo,or some other slacker not remotely connected to the team,but to be fair to Hornets,they didn`t ask the incumbent to do the job for nothing,it was still derisory though from what I heard. It`s not just about match days,the kitman has to be there on training nights,in all weathers and obviously has to use his own car,so wear and tear there,but anyway,he could be doing a lot of other things as it`s his time the club are taking up. It matters not who used to do the job,nor does it matter if the club is Rochdale Hornets or Real Madrid,anybody who works at a professional organisation,big or small,should be adequately remunerated. Cut a couple of grand off the CEO`s or the coach`s salary to pay the man`s wages for Christ`s sake.

#16 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yes i agree, i was stopped 3 or 4 times by Oxford fans, stewards and even a Ghanaian student who mentioned how well the Hornets home kit looked with one steward telling me "its better than that ghastly away kit you have on today" i didnt agree with him mind.

Also must mention how good it was to walk down Iffley Rd before and after the game and spot a busy Fir Tree pub decked out in Red, White & Blue with a decent Hornets congregation outside enjoying the sun and passing bycycle contracptions that came by. Even one with an aggresive beggar onboard! Dont think hes ever been to Rochdale as he was politely moved on. Great day!

I find this topic puzzling as the team have been playing well this last 2 or 3 weeks and are now in 2nd place and right on the tails of the pacesetters from North Wales. However we end up with more what i feel petty negativity within a topic...

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#17 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Unless something has changed in the last couple of seasons the RFL used to send through a matrix at the start of the season telling you what kit to play in, in each game so it wouldnt be the clubs choice what was worn at Oxford and Gateshead

May I add the RFLs choice of kit for each game didnt always make sense as per your post 

#18 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Wasn’t keen on the home shirt at first but it certainly grows on you.
As for Oxford we were made more than welcome down there especially
in the Fir Tree pub both before and after the game. Good wide range of real
ales and to top it all the young lass behind the bar originates from Newhey.
Would certainly recommend this pub to any travelling fans and it is directly
opposite the ground

Edited by DaveButt, 19 June 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#19 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Surely Pugwash's dream job, has he applied?

#20 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Surely Pugwash's dream job, has he applied?

I think that we all know Andy is not in good health. A cheap remark don't you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users