Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

international Wheelchair RL player needs YOUR help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

I know this should be on the Community RL page but more people use this one.

My friend plays Wheelchair RL for Swindon St George & Wales. He had a sponsor lined up to help him with costs for before and during the World Cup but they've had to pull out leaving him, in his words, "in the poo!"

If anybody knows of acompany or/and individual that might be willing to sponsor him please PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Many thanks!!

#2 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Just pushing this up the forum

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

What sort of money are we looking at?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Not sure exact amounts. I think the one that pulled out was covering his travel from Swindon to the north for training and accomodation.

#5 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I know this should be on the Community RL page but more people use this one.

My friend plays Wheelchair RL for Swindon St George & Wales. He had a sponsor lined up to help him with costs for before and during the World Cup but they've had to pull out leaving him, in his words, "in the poo!"

If anybody knows of acompany or/and individual that might be willing to sponsor him please PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Many thanks!!

Is it worth setting up a just giving site so we could put some towards it?

Sponsored by TRL.COM/fansforum would look great emblazoned across his shoulders 

Edit to say I'll put a tenner in if you do

Edited by Shadow, 19 June 2013 - 03:13 PM.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#6 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Is it worth setting up a just giving site so we could put some towards it?

Sponsored by TRL.COM/fansforum would look great emblazoned across his shoulders 

Edit to say I'll put a tenner in if you do

Sounds like a plan, I'd throw some cash in to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users