Leeds player banned for one match

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Leeds player banned for one match

Leeds Rhinos centre Joel Moon has been suspended for one match after submitting an Early Guilty Plea to the Grade B charge of making a dangerous lift on Hep Cahill of Widnes Vikings in the 18th minute of the Super League Round 4  fixture played at Headingley Carnegie Stadium on Monday June 17.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

That was quick!

#3 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Watched a re-run of the game today and yes moon did lift Cahill but in the course of the match there was several incidents of the same but they warranted no punishment, inconsistency is the word that springs to mind.

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

IMO the lift by moon was innocuous and certainly didn't deserve a ban, it was no worse than joe mellors in the first half.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Interesting no action seems to have been taken against the shoulder charges I've seen on sky recently; Winterstein and Soliola are two I can remember.

(Where'd everybody go?!)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

(Where'd everybody go?!)

I've stripped out all the 'my club's better than your club' drivel to avoid having to leave the thread locked, and this is all that's left.

If it starts up again, Joel Moon won't be the only one facing a suspension.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Watched a re-run of the game today and yes moon did lift Cahill but in the course of the match there was several incidents of the same but they warranted no punishment, inconsistency is the word that springs to mind.

IMO the lift by moon was innocuous and certainly didn't deserve a ban, it was no worse than joe mellors in the first half.

Again,inconsistency,Mellor wasn't penalised for lifting the legs,I think he was penalised for interference.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

strange that leuluai hasn't been cited for the shoulder charge which was put on report, i think that moon has been singled out unfairly by the powers that be.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#9 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Interesting no action seems to have been taken against the shoulder charges I've seen on sky recently; Winterstein and Soliola are two I can remember.

(Where'd everybody go?!)

They werent high though, so penalty sufficient?

#10 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

strange that leuluai hasn't been cited for the shoulder charge which was put on report, i think that moon has been singled out unfairly by the powers that be.

It was put on report to see if contact was made with Hardakers head,it wasn't,so penalty sufficient?

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#11 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Many fans seem to be confused about shoulder charges now, even Eddie Hemmings (who knows everything!) started spouting rubbish about "well if that was a shoulder charge then isnt it a straight red?!".

Well no, the old legal shoulder charge results in a penalty now, nothing more. Thats all thats changed!

A shoulder charge to the head, illegal last year and still illegal now, is completely different!

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Fairdoos, I dunno if I've got wired crossed somewhere, do they get a match in the NRL for it then? If so I think that's where I got the mistake, if not then I dunno.

And Webby, what if my club is better than someone else's club?! :biggrin:

Edited by hindle xiii, 19 June 2013 - 12:20 PM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Leuluai isn't that kind of player.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users