A Boundary Park return?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

The RFL do not know what they are doing most of the time. When will the RFL learn that they have only around an 80k fan base across the country, and they need to increase the interest in areas that are already subscribed into RL, yet are not full working at full tilt due to be totally disallusioned with the game completely. They have ignored the traditional areas at their peril, yet blame those same clubs for the games demise.  

#22 Mrs Taffy

Mrs Taffy
  • Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

there will if u find me in the bar mate

in his natural habitat! haha

#23 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

in his natural habitat! haha

fair point guilty as charged. Up the Yeds

#24 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ex Scrum Half, as of now I'm totally against a merger with anyone, but I would never say never. First of all, I would say let's see what happens post Hamilton, cos the day is surely coming when this current club's debts will sink it, and we end up with, hopefully, a new club and a new administration, which has got to be better than the present one man band fire fighting. (I know some have expressed concerns that the RFL may not allow a new club back in, but, considering the strong amateur scene in the town and the fact that we're still allowed to play at a ground which an amateur club would be ashamed to call their own, IMHO, the RFL would look favourably on a reformed Oldham club.) If the club does not move forward after restarting,then merger may be the last and only answer.

On a separate, but not unconnected, note, I was thinking, after last Sunday's remarkable comeback win, a few years ago, I'd have been jumping up and down after such an unlikely victory. Now, my enthusiasm's gone, mainly because, if we do get promotion on the field, we'll almost certainly lose it off the field, given the state of the dump where we play. Then again, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing, because that's one sure way to lose coaching staff, players and speccies in droves, because there would then be no hope for the current club, thus hastening the end of Hamilton's plaything.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 20 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#25 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Success on the field this season will be great for the fans and would force Hamiltons hand. Lets hope for 2 reason we can achieve something

#26 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

My comments were, as I tried to imply, a bit mischievous, but it has brought forth a reaction as I hoped. For the record the very last thing I want is to see any form of merger with any club, but I would like us to be back at Boundary Park and I would like to see a new administration. If the rumours are true that this chap wants to buy the Latics then it would be my hope that his connection, and ours, with Salford may help us to get back there.

Unfortunately, and as RunitOfAfi says, if things don't change we could end up with merger being the only option left to us.

#27 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

These dual purpose agreements are a way of getting the mergers back on track.

How many dual registration link ups that have happened this season feature the teams that the rugby league wanted to merge a few years ago.

Oldham & Salford were two clubs they wanted to merge can anyone remember all the others.

I don't want Oldham to merge but to keep their own identity, however if that is still how the RFL & SL see the future of Rugby League to be then it is going to happen.

If we merge we could be South Pennine , the Roughyed Reds.

If we did merge it would be the death of rugby league for me. I have supported Oldham all my life starting when my Grandad took me to Sheddings age 6.

No way on earth would I watch a team merged with any team I wear a roughyeds shirt and no other.

#28 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

If we did merge it would be the death of rugby league for me. I have supported Oldham all my life starting when my Grandad took me to Sheddings age 6.

No way on earth would I watch a team merged with any team I wear a roughyeds shirt and no other.

Basically same with me. Unless, of course, that merged team is called Oldham, plays in red and white hoops with blue shorts and plays in Oldham borough.

#29 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

The word merger is a definite no  for all Oldham fans whoever it ma be with,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users