Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual registration - the results so far...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just been looking at the table and fixures for this coming weekend in what, I believe, may be a pivotal weekend at the bottom of the league. With Barrow playing Featherstone at home, Keighley hosting Doncaster and our game the table could look very different (good/or bad) depending on those three games.

A home win in each of those games would be disastorous for Swinton.

3 away wins and people will be taking of playoffs ;)

However, it did lead me to consider the teams presently "joint" bottom

Swinton - embraced DR all season

Keighley - Used DR sparingly

Barrow - refused to enter DR

All different approaches, all the same position so far.

My conclusion so far ....... DR makes no difference to league performance!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#2 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Surely using some of the cream of Warringtons youngsters who are essentially full time players and one or two established Super League players should have seen us in a play off position at this stage of the season?

#3 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Surely using some of the cream of Warringtons youngsters who are essentially full time players and one or two established Super League players should have seen us in a play off position at this stage of the season?

Yes that what I would have thought duffymoon, but without them do you think you would have had less points? I don't see your team every week, only seen em at your's earlier in the season, Oh and against Whiteaven on TV when Brier's played and you won.

Has your D/R player's played as well as Hunslet's this season ? the same apply's to my team that i thought we would be higher than we are, we are not much above you. I do know this in Hunslet's case we would have been bottom without the Leeds D/R players and that's a fact, they have all played exceptional. Only thing that matters is we stay up in this league, would be a disaster for both of us if we got relegated, but just shows what a great league this is. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from on Sunday that is. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users