TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tour de France 2013

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Didn't Martin start today's stage, the talk on twitter this morning suggested he would (no broken collar bone, just road rash and bruising).
Fides invicta triumphat

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Didn't Martin start today's stage, the talk on twitter this morning suggested he would (no broken collar bone, just road rash and bruising).

He did indeed. Looked as if he was suffering but I think he got through it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

He did indeed. Looked as if he was suffering but I think he got through it.

The puss leaking through the back of his jersey was gross. Didn't envy him when he had to take off that jersey at the end of the stage.

Really enjoyed yesterday's finale, love it when a breakaway survives. Two men in yellow who would've never normally had the opportunity and you can see what it means to them.

Edited by Severus, 01 July 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#24 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Fairly mountainous stage today, unlikely to be a true sprinter who wins it.

David Miller and Damiano Cunega could be in the running.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#25 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think Eurosport's cycling commentator David Harmon is the business.

http://velovoices.co...-harmon-part-1/

He took a few months off from commentary earlier in the season. Here's why in part 2 of the same interview.

http://velovoices.co...-harmon-part-2/

#26 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I think Eurosport's cycling commentator David Harmon is the business.

http://velovoices.co...-harmon-part-1/

He took a few months off from commentary earlier in the season. Here's why in part 2 of the same interview.

http://velovoices.co...-harmon-part-2/

I've chosen to watch the ITV4 coverage this year and its pretty bloody good. 

Chuffed for my second favourite team Orica Greenedge and Simon Gerrans with their first Tour stage win just beating Sagan to the line. 

Fides invicta triumphat

#27 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,892 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Geraint Thomas stays in the Tour despite fractured pelvis. Ouch.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#28 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Geraint really struggled today. Came in 9 minutes down. Similar times for Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard; not looking too good for Sky's team time trial tomorrow. Hopefully Kennaugh was just saving himself.

However, Tony Martin finished in the  leading group!

No poofs in that game.

#29 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Geraint really struggled today. Came in 9 minutes down. Similar times for Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard; not looking too good for Sky's team time trial tomorrow. Hopefully Kennaugh was just saving himself.

However, Tony Martin finished in the  leading group!

No poofs in that game.

I imagine that Team Sky will stick Thomas on the front early doors and let him knacker himself and then roll to the finish.
Fides invicta triumphat

#30 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

30km to go and looks like the peleton will catch the breakaway group to ensure a sprint finish.

Apparently there's a nasty descent just before the final run-in.

I'll go for Andre Greipel to win.

#31 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

30km to go and looks like the peleton will catch the breakaway group to ensure a sprint finish.
 Apparently there's a nasty descent just before the final run-in.
I'll go for Andre Greipel to win.

A win for Cav in a sprint - good stuff from the Manxman.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#32 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

A win for Cav in a sprint - good stuff from the Manxman.

Yes, a bit of a surprise as this morning he was said to have a chest infection.

Great final kilometre though.

#33 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I haven't a clue what is going on but enjoying it all the same.

#34 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Massive win for Cav showing his main rivals that in a bunch sprint there is no one better. Bit chaotic going into the final couple of kilometres. 

Fides invicta triumphat

#35 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Tour coming round here on Saturday.  Watch out for the gorgeous trip through the Gorges between Quillan and just after Axat.  They usually have the helicopter on station as the peloton winds through.  Then up the Col de Pailheres.  An absolute pig of a climb even in the car.

I"m going to miss the lot as I'm off doing deliveries and then going to watch the Dragons against the Broncos.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#36 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Impressive work by Cav to get back the peleton after a crash 35km from the finish. Currently 8km to go and the leadout trains are getting organised. Love this bit :)

Fides invicta triumphat

#37 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

There isn't a chapeau large enough to doff - total obliteration of the field by Chris Froome, and Richie Porte - and proper one for the team from Pete Kennaugh

Edited by amh, 06 July 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#38 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Should be a fantastic climbing day in the Pyrenees tomorrow. Steep climbs and descents all day.

Sky have got this locked down but may allow a breakaway tomorrow from an outsider with no overall GC ambitions but fancy a shot at King of the Mountains. That means some other riders could take some pressure off Sky by pace-setting in the early parts of further mountain stages

Looking at the standings, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Danielson and Christophe Riblon have a go. Johnny Hoogerland and Tommy Voeckler will definitely have a go. Sky will grind down the rest unless Alberto Contador and Alejandro Valverde can recover from today's stage better than Froome and Porte.

#39 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Should be a fantastic climbing day in the Pyrenees tomorrow. Steep climbs and descents all day.

Sky have got this locked down but may allow a breakaway tomorrow from an outsider with no overall GC ambitions but fancy a shot at King of the Mountains. That means some other riders could take some pressure off Sky by pace-setting in the early parts of further mountain stages

Looking at the standings, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Danielson and Christophe Riblon have a go. Johnny Hoogerland and Tommy Voeckler will definitely have a go. Sky will grind down the rest unless Alberto Contador and Alejandro Valverde can recover from today's stage better than Froome and Porte.

You know when you aren't talking some rubbish about Yorkshire or the Tories you can talk some sense. ;)
Fides invicta triumphat

#40 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

There isn't a chapeau large enough to doff - total obliteration of the field by Chris Froome, and Richie Porte - and proper one for the team from Pete Kennaugh

Agreed. Must have been as big a boost to Froome and Sky's morale as it was a blow to that of their rivals.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users