TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tour de France 2013

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Chapeau Froome.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#62 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

First time I've really watched the TDF and I'm not upto speed on all the ins and outs and technicalities of the race but I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far and that mountain climb today was something else. Also how crazy are the spectators and motorbike crews?

#63 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Don't get me started on the nutters running in front of the riders, especially after they've already cycled 200km and are going up a mountain on their last legs

Incredible form Froome, just praying nothing goes wrong now

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#64 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Froome? Pah!   :sarcastic:

I've ridden Mont Ventoux faster that that!   :thankyou:

After several abortive attempts at cycling up from Malaucène the opposite way to the TDF and having walked up and down the very last section over the years, I got a mate to take me to the top in his car and I cycled down in a matter of minutes, without pedalling at all!

#65 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Watched yesterday's stage from the slopes of mont Ventoux :D. Chavanel was leading at the time they passed us with Pete Kennaugh (what a debut) and Richie Porte (future tean leader?) doing some serious damage.

Vaison La Romaine tomorrow to see the depart before heading straight to Alpe d'Huez to find a spot and pitch up. Brilliant so far, only regret is I should've brought my bike.
Fides invicta triumphat

#66 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Good pitch on Alpe D'Heuz with them doing it twice 

I trust you're not one of those simpletons I scream at running along with the riders Sev ;)

can't believe you didn't take your bike, I thought that was half the reason you went 

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#67 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Good pitch on Alpe D'Heuz with them doing it twice

I trust you're not one of those simpletons I scream at running along with the riders Sev ;)

can't believe you didn't take your bike, I thought that was half the reason you went

The gendarmes put a stop to any naughtiness where we were. We flew into Nice and couldn't afford bike carriers.
Fides invicta triumphat

#68 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'd have carried your bike for a free hol ;)

Today should be fun - I still can't get my head around how they actually do this! I struggle to walk up and down our hill 

#69 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

40km to go, a large breakaway group of about twenty riders has 9.5 minutes lead over the main field. One big climb and one steep descent to go. My selection is Phillipe Gilbert, unless he's been ordered to pace Cadel Evans up the climb.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#70 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wrong again!

Great break and descent by Rui Costa  to get the win Movistar were desperate for.

#71 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Mountain time trial tomorrow. Froome will be hot favourite.

On the principle of not tipping the favourite, I would like Joachim Rodriguez to win.

#72 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Managed to park at a very busy Alpe d'Huez and pitched up last night. Those 21 switchbacks are fun in the car but you would have to be mad to cycle up them, the pros are doing it twice.
Fides invicta triumphat

#73 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'd have carried your bike for a free hol ;)

Today should be fun - I still can't get my head around how they actually do this! I struggle to walk up and down our hill 

I think Sev's secretly pleased he hasn't got it with him.  :biggrin: 

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#74 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Managed to park at a very busy Alpe d'Huez and pitched up last night. Those 21 switchbacks are fun in the car but you would have to be mad to cycle up them, the pros are doing it twice.

will be watching on TV, with luck. How will we recognise you?  Wigan shirt? 

#75 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Froome does it again,chapeau!

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#76 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm travelling to Leigh tomorrow afternoon. Had to pick the time because of daughter - yes she does come before sport - but she would have left earlier if it wasn't for her love of her Uni BF and her need to see him for as long as possible - I know, I'm the same with Lee :))

So, I will no doubt miss the most dramatic events of double Alpe D'Heuz - the telly in the hotel best have it on, or we're off the pub

Run out of hats for Froome - he's is awesome

Edited by amh, 17 July 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#77 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why did it have to rain as they tackle Alpe D'Heuz :(

I hope all the riders stay safe

#78 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

I think rain might help the riders going twice up Alpe d'Huez. It's got to be an easier task if the weather is cooller and the air is cleaner.

The course doesn't do Froome any favours though. Sky riders are unlikely to be with him on the second ascent. Good job for Froome that the stage finishes at the summit, because Contador can descend like a demon.

#79 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

The descending could be treacherous today though with the rain. Fingers crossed everyone comes home safe and sound.

#80 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Team Sky have released two years of Chris Froome's data to L'Equipe in order to quash te doping allegations. L'Equipe gave it to a leading French sports scientist, and FDJ's consultant, who says the data from Froome's recent performance is 'coherent'.

http://www.itv.com/t...e-way-to-paris/

I was surprised at the anti Froome signs on the Alpe d'Huez calling him a doper. Also a few people I spoke to swallowed the rumour that Froome wanted the stage shortened. It seems unless you are a French, Spanish or Italian rider then you don't deserve to win the TDF.
Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users