I don't know how many of my answers constitute a 'yes' and even then, whether it really is a sign of age.
1. Feeling stiff
2. Groaning when you bend down
3. Saying "it wasn't like that when I was young"
Is that when making a positive or negative comparison? Or either? Yes, occasionally, but not using that particular wording.
4. Saying "in my day"
My name is not Garry Schofield, thank you very much.
5. Losing hair
Yep, 'fraid so. But that started in my early twenties.
6. You don't know any songs in the top ten
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
7. Getting more hairy - ears, eyebrows, nose, face etc
8. Hating noisy pubs
Always hated noisy pubs. Not an age thing, just a preference.
9. Talking a lot about joints / ailments
10. Forgetting people's names
Occasionally, but then I did that when I was young too.
11. Choosing clothes and shoes for comfort rather than style
Always gone for a mixture of both.
12. Thinking policemen / teachers / doctors look really young
13. Falling asleep in front of the TV
Yes. Let's have a big round of applause for the inventors of whisky!
14. Needing an afternoon nap
15. Finding you have no idea what young people are talking about
16. Struggling to use technology
17. Losing touch with everyday technology such as tablets and televisions
18. When you start complaining about more things
19. Wearing your glasses around your neck
20. Not remembering the name of any modern bands
21. You avoid lifting heavy things due to back concerns
22. Complaining about the rubbish on television these days
23. Misplacing your glasses / bag / keys etc
24. You move from Radio one to Radio Two
I don't listen to either much, and didn't when I was younger either.
25. You start driving very slowly
26. Preferring a night in with a board game than a night on the town
Night in, yes. Board game, not so much.
27. Taking a keen interest in The Antiques Road Show
28. You talk to colleagues who are so young they don't know what an Opal Fruit is
The subject's never come up.
29. Taking slippers to friends' houses
30. Listening to the Archers
Used to, years ago, now I don't.
31. Falling asleep after one glass of wine
You can get wine in non-plural amounts?
32. Never going out without your coat
Yes, much as I have done for most of my life.
33. Getting bed socks for Christmas and being very grateful
34. When you can't lose six pounds in two days any more
35. Gasping for a cup of tea
36. Taking a flask of tea or coffee on a day out
37. Joining the WI
38. Taking a keen interest in the garden
39. Spending more money on face creams / anti-ageing products
40. Spending money on the home / furniture rather than a night on the town
41. Taking a keen interest in dressing for the weather
Not a "keen interest", but not dressing inappropriately, yes.
42. Putting everyday items in the wrong place
43. Obsessive gardening or bird feeding
44. Really enjoying puzzles and crosswords
Not as much as I used to.
45. Always driving in the slow lane, or below 70 in the middle lane
46. Consider going on a 'no children' cruise for a holiday
No, I wouldn't consider any kind of cruise.
47. Your ears are getting bigger
48. Joining the National Trust
Been a member since a youngster.
49. Drinking sherry
50. Feeling you have the right to tell people exactly what you are thinking even if it isn't polite
That's not a sign of age, just a sign of an inflated sense of the importance of your own opinions.
Edited by Futtocks, 19 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.