Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Simon brown

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Banned for I game yet pursglove gets away with it . No mention of the 3 late challenges on brown previous . RFL not got a clue .

#2 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Late challenge due to poor or malicious play- penalty, potential sin bin.
Punching the snot out of someone, twice, causing a full field brawl- sin bin or red card, 1-2 match ban

Seems legit.

Means hes safe for barra though. Leigh would have targeted him so I feel it's worked out well.
We get Stencion back for barra too.

Also

#3 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

See what your saying but how much do you put up with before you react ?

Least we have him for barrow 😀

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

See what your saying but how much do you put up with before you react ?

All of it pal. Or you risk getting suspended.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

TBH, I was abit embarrassed for the club when it went off. There'd been a tag tournament featuring almost all York primary schools, the Main Stand was full 2 hours before kick off with parents, many stuck around. Many there had never been to a York RL or even any RL match before - but when it descends into anarchy like that, well, maybe RL is just not for them.

There's no room for it in Rugby League in the 21st century IMHO and Browny couldve handled it better.

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Are you joking? Everyone loves a bit of fistycuffs. At the end of the day they all shook hands at the end of the match and all was well. If parents don't like their kids getting involved in a fight or whatever why are so many now starting with boxing or in America with Ice Hockey where they allow them to fight for a short while. Rugbys a tough game and sometimes you need to let a bit of steam off and if you don't like it go play tennis or something.

It's time to park the camels.

#7 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Are you joking? Everyone loves a bit of fistycuffs. At the end of the day they all shook hands at the end of the match and all was well. If parents don't like their kids getting involved in a fight or whatever why are so many now starting with boxing or in America with Ice Hockey where they allow them to fight for a short while. Rugbys a tough game and sometimes you need to let a bit of steam off and if you don't like it go play tennis or something.

Bring back the Biff

#8 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

TBH, I was abit embarrassed for the club when it went off. There'd been a tag tournament featuring almost all York primary schools, the Main Stand was full 2 hours before kick off with parents, many stuck around. Many there had never been to a York RL or even any RL match before - but when it descends into anarchy like that, well, maybe RL is just not for them.

There's no room for it in Rugby League in the 21st century IMHO and Browny couldve handled it better.

its punch ups on the field that keeps trouble off the terraces if we didn't have that the game would be full of lager lout thugs just looking for a punch up each week take a look at football.

#9 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

its punch ups on the field that keeps trouble off the terraces if we didn't have that the game would be full of lager lout thugs just looking for a punch up each week take a look at football.

guess you never played the sport Andy.

#10 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

guess you never played the sport Andy.

He did actually, played at Clarence Street n everything.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#11 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

So did I haha but schools don't count

#12 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Personally if you take the odd punch up out of rugby you might as well watch football I can see what Andy is saying though maybe be slightly bad timing by browny with all the kids there but spur of the moment thing browny wouldn't have thought oh there's a few kids about I bet not hit him he saw red after a cheap shot.

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Personally if you take the odd punch up out of rugby you might as well watch football I can see what Andy is saying though maybe be slightly bad timing by browny with all the kids there but spur of the moment thing browny wouldn't have thought oh there's a few kids about I bet not hit him he saw red after a cheap shot.

This.
If they don't want their kids to get hurt don't let them play rugby in the first place.

It's time to park the camels.

#14 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Right, where to start...
Think I'll start in the 21st century, where athletes are paid money and ask if you fight at work when you're p##$ed off.

Then I'll move on to the bit where football is the least disciplined sport there is and rugby league is the most and ask if you want to see rl turn into that kind of circus or into well respected sport

I'll then finish with something about time and place and just touch on the fact that if we keep on with the "we want it like it was in the eighties, with mudnbloodnsnot and regular punch ups" there isn't going to be a rugby league in Britain in 10/20 years let alone a yck.

I might even suggest that some of us grow up abit.

Edited by AndyHall, 21 June 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#15 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

This.
If they don't want their kids to get hurt don't let them play rugby in the first place.

RIP RL

#16 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Right, where to start...
Think I'll start in the 21st century, where athletes are paid money and ask if you fight at work when you're p##$ed off.

Then I'll move on to the bit where football is the least disciplined sport there is and rugby league is the most and ask if you want to see rl turn into that kind of circus or into well respected sport

I'll then finish with something about time and place and just touch on the fact that if we keep on with the "we want it like it was in the eighties, with mudnbloodnsnot and regular punch ups" there isn't going to be a rugby league in Britain in 10/20 years let alone a yck.

I might even suggest that some of us grow up abit.

there not asked to fight but its part and parcel of rugby it happens

#17 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

there not asked to fight but its part and parcel of rugby it happens

as I said Andy I fully agree in what you was say but it happens and it will never stop its an agressive sport and sometimes the aggression takes over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users