RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mickey Paea to Hull FC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

According to Neil Hudgell...

http://www.thisishul...redirected=true

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#2 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I for 1 hope not he hasn't been in the top 10 props in the league this yr why do hull fc always want hull KRs players, the only player is Dobson IMO. I'm convinced hull sign em just to get 1 over they rivals.

#3 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Crabtree
O'meley
Hill
Mossop
Kopzack
Peacock
Leuluai
Walmsley
Burke
Puletua

#4 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

I for 1 hope not he hasn't been in the top 10 props in the league this yr why do hull fc always want hull KRs players. I'm convinced hull sign em just to get 1 over they rivals.

If get one over means an attempt by FC to monopolise RL in Hull for their own gain, then I'd agree. There's more to be gained from being the dominant or only SL club in Hull, than having the Hull derby.  Yes that debate has run its course and yes it is not worth resurrecting, but Pearsons raids on HKR do fit that policy, and that's a policy that can only do FC good.

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

The rivalry and 2 KC Derbys are worth plenty more to Hull Fc

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

I for 1 hope not he hasn't been in the top 10 props in the league this yr why do hull fc always want hull KRs players, the only player is Dobson IMO. I'm convinced hull sign em just to get 1 over they rivals.

Can't agree with this at all.

1. Other than last season, when have Hull signed any Rovers players?
2. How many if those players you consider "top 10 props" are available?

This isn't about getting one over Hull KR at all. It's about getting the best players that are available. O'Meley is retiring. We NEED a prop.
Posted Image

#7 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

The rivalry and 2 KC Derbys are worth plenty more to Hull Fc

Lets agree to disagree. Hull had big crowds without the derby games and got to finals when they had an extended run without HKR on the scene. That's my hard evidence.

#8 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

The crowds are bigger today and the club only had a brief spell when they challenged "the big four" - it was over before Hull KR joined SL. Hull KR are not the cause of Hull FC's (relative) decline, I can only think of one big name player that crossed over to KR and it retrospect they were well shot of him. As for "there are only so many Hull lads capable of playing SL", Who are the locally grown Hull KR players that would have made FC a better side?

#9 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

The crowds are bigger today and the club only had a brief spell when they challenged "the big four" - it was over before Hull KR joined SL. Hull KR are not the cause of Hull FC's (relative) decline, I can only think of one big name player that crossed over to KR and it retrospect they were well shot of him. As for "there are only so many Hull lads capable of playing SL", Who are the locally grown Hull KR players that would have made FC a better side?

I think you've answered your own question there.

#10 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Paul Cooke?

Yeah, he'd probably never have played for FC but he seems to be a bit of an exception. I don't see Hull KR producing any new Paul Cookes at the moment.

#11 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

I've watched him all season. He is class.

#12 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Don't take the bait.
Posted Image

#13 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Don't take the bait.

I'm not going to get banned for that post.

#14 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I've watched him all season. He is class.

haha very funny at least we've found a dobbin with a sense of humour well done

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Two props have made over 2000m this season, one is Eorl Crabtree, guess who the other is?
  • Brigg Rover likes this

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

haha very funny at least we've found a dobbin with a sense of humour well done

HKR A D says it like it is.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#17 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hull FC have posted similar losses to HKR although the Rovers BOD do tend to whinge a little more, you cant tell me that having a local rivalry like we do is bad for either club, it can only be good financially

#18 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Average player but he is KR's best prop so it's a loss to them. Hudgell is irritating me now - constantly deriding agents after every bitter player departure. They're just doing their job and basically it's a case of "the truth hurts". There IS massive uncertainty around HKR's future - there's no denying this - didn't Hudgell himself issue a statement only a few weeks ago saying that he still needed to secure some funds "to guarantee completion of this season" (!) It was something of that ilk anyway. Startling stuff that he managed to bury in a longer statement about investment for next season.

I'm really only a bystander now but I do still take an interest and will continue to campaign for a merged Hull side in a proper franchised Super League. Then we could keep all our better talent and pair Paterson with Ellis in a glorious back row with Dobbo kicking us around the park etc. As it stands, FC will just continue to pick off those Rovers players the likes of the established big sides and newly rich Salford don't want. If Dobson and Paterson aren't amongst the "big 4 names" Koukash is talking about, for example, I will be very, very surprised and who could blame them? Without a licence/franchise and some significant funding, HKR is a moderate SL interest at best, sadly.

Edited by DeadShotKeen, 19 June 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#19 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Agree with the last sentence DSK completely. Im sure Koukash has probably realised his starting point will be to cherry pick the financially weaker clubs.

Well the bit about Dobson and Paterson before you edited*

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 19 June 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#20 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Agree with the last sentence DSK completely. Im sure Koukash has probably realised his starting point will be to cherry pick the financially weaker clubs.

Well the bit about Dobson and Paterson before you edited*

Ha, sorry but I got your drift. :)

Yeah, Koukash should really have ushered in a benefactor-fronted, NRL-type franchise system with all clubs paying to a high cap but instead all it is is a slight shift at the top of the tree with Salford the new bully boy on the block. It's very sad really, we just never seem to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users