Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ryan bailey to nrl

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ryan Bailey going to the NRL is this the same NRL Mickey Paea was going to, I will believe it when I see it.

#22 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Be interesting to see how he goes in the NRL. Should make for good viewing on Premier Sports.

#23 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

He's being endorsed by Delaney so it can only be a matter of time :sarcastic:

Edited by amh, 20 June 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#24 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Does he have the essential qualifications?

not sure if a criminal record is a pre requisite for entrance to Australia any more (sorry could not resist).

#25 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

THE Broncos are hunting big boppers to beef-up their pack with Storm hulk Siosaia Vave and British giant Ryan Bailey appearing on Brisbane's radar.

Bailey, who has Jamaican heritage, is one of UK Super League's most accomplished forwards. The 29-year-old monster tips the scales at 107kg and has intimated his desire to test himself in the NRL next season after winning six premierships since his debut for Leeds in 2002.

Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee declined to comment but confirmed the club had spoken to Vave's manager Gavin Orr. Bailey appears a contingency plan, although English forwards have increasing pedigree in the NRL following the successful transitions made by Adrian Morley, Gareth Ellis and Souths enforcers Sam and George Burgess.

A veteran of 213 Super League games, Bailey's size and experience could be an asset for a Broncos club still nurturing rising forwards Dunamis Lui, Jarrod Wallace and David Hala.

"Ryan has been in the Super League a long time, he's ready to come to the NRL," said Orr, whose brother Chris manages the British hardman.

"Brett Delaney (former Titans centre) is one of our clients over there and he has a massive wrap on Bailey.

"He believes Bailey can be better than some of the other British forwards who have come out here.

"At the moment, he has just got his head around the idea of leaving England. He is used to a certain lifestyle over there so if he's happy with a package here he will make the move. There's a number of clubs interested in him."

http://www.news.com....r-1226664350260

#26 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Why the massive interest in Bailey though? Surely clubs would be looking at Crabtree, Hill, Amor, and Kopzack? They are much better players.

#27 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

I hope he gets the chance and makes a real go of it.

He is a great player. He does the job fantastically.

He should be in the England team for the world cup.

#28 faz'_nose

faz'_nose
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Why the massive interest in Bailey though? Surely clubs would be looking at Crabtree, Hill, Amor, and Kopzack? They are much better players.

Perhaps Crabtree et al have not expressed an interest in going to the NRL. Perhaps they don't have the same agent as Bailey.

I imagine that, if they explicitly made themselves available, the NRL would show an interest in - at least - Britain's best twenty forwards. Striking a deal to suit both parties would, I guess, be the potential stumbling block - not the players' talent levels.

#29 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

No he didn't. Call himself that.It came from a fan
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#30 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Ryan Bailey going to the NRL is this the same NRL Mickey Paea was going to, I will believe it when I see it.

I broke this news on Southstander 2 weeks ago. An English club offered him a contract (not Leeds) and he turned it down because there was a higher offer on the table from the NRL.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#31 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

I would love to see Bailey have a go at the NRL.

Bailey taking on Gallen, Watmough and company.
I think he would be a crowd favourite. (for awhile)

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

First Webb now Bailey, I'm glad Ablett is picking up the bit of a dick mantle otherwise I'd have no reason not to like Leeds! :O

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

THE Broncos are hunting big boppers to beef-up their pack with Storm hulk Siosaia Vave and British giant Ryan Bailey appearing on Brisbane's radar.

Bailey, who has Jamaican heritage, is one of UK Super League's most accomplished forwards. The 29-year-old monster tips the scales at 107kg and has intimated his desire to test himself in the NRL next season after winning six premierships since his debut for Leeds in 2002.[/size]
Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee declined to comment but confirmed the club had spoken to Vave's manager Gavin Orr. Bailey appears a contingency plan, although English forwards have increasing pedigree in the NRL following the successful transitions made by Adrian Morley, Gareth Ellis and Souths enforcers Sam and George Burgess.
A veteran of 213 Super League games, Bailey's size and experience could be an asset for a Broncos club still nurturing rising forwards Dunamis Lui, Jarrod Wallace and David Hala.
"Ryan has been in the Super League a long time, he's ready to come to the NRL," said Orr, whose brother Chris manages the British hardman.
"Brett Delaney (former Titans centre) is one of our clients over there and he has a massive wrap on Bailey.
"He believes Bailey can be better than some of the other British forwards who have come out here.
"At the moment, he has just got his head around the idea of leaving England. He is used to a certain lifestyle over there so if he's happy with a package here he will make the move. There's a number of clubs interested in him."

http://www.news.com....r-1226664350260

Whoever wrote that ought to be lauded for their fictional writing, they are right up there with Tolkien and Rowling!

I hope he gets his gig but let's not be kidded by the lyrical waxing about his ability!

#34 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Whoever wrote that ought to be lauded for their fictional writing, they are right up there with Tolkien and Rowling!

I hope he gets his gig but let's not be kidded by the lyrical waxing about his ability!

Try reading it again,it's hard sell from the agents brother.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#35 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,379 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Bailey taking on Gallen(for awhile)

People just wouldn't know which one they wanted to lose!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#36 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

No i'm afraid he's another player who's gone missing when on International duty.

#37 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

People just wouldn't know which one they wanted to lose!

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

#38 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

With all the troubles re players misbehaving and being stupid in Aus, and the sin binning for punching, he's a shoe in surely

Have you seen his and Delaney's new t-shirts? Can't knock em for having a money spinning idea, but more urban dictionary than classy

https://twitter.com/...etto/media/grid

Edited by amh, 20 June 2013 - 08:46 AM.

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#39 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

The Australian game loves a good bad guy, as long as he can stand behind his Character.

Edited by AndyCapp, 20 June 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#40 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

The Australian game loves a good bad guy, as long as he can stand behind his Character.

is Character an Aus term for bigger bloke?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users