RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ryan bailey to nrl

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

is Character an Aus term for bigger bloke?

:biggrin:

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

is Character an Aus term for bigger bloke?

:D  :D

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I do wonder if his reputation proceeds him though.

One of the quickest in America, fifth in the Olympic 100m final.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Try reading it again,it's hard sell from the agents brother.

I don't need to read it again and I don't care who wrote it or why, the fact remains its a complete work of fiction.

If this is an Agent then he needs to be careful as overselling someone to this degree will ultimately lead to his own lack of future credibility.

#45 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't need to read it again and I don't care who wrote it or why, the fact remains its a complete work of fiction.

If this is an Agent then he needs to be careful as overselling someone to this degree will ultimately lead to his own lack of future credibility.

Would you care to explain why you think it's a complete work of fiction?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 20 June 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#46 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

His new agent is also building up his Bash brother's leisure wear brand that he is in partnership with Delaney.Now scoff at all this but its doing very well.His customer's include Wayne Rooney.Bailey is making a success out of the much laughed at "TMFMISL""title

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#47 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Would be a good move for him I think but also for the NRL. Everybody loves a bad guy and with the controversy that surrounds him he'll quickly become a household name over there.

Be a great move for bailey to test himself in that inviroment and from England poing of view another potential option if he proves himself

#48 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Would you care to explain why you think it's a complete work of fiction?

No not really!!

If you can't see it then no amount of explanation from me will make a difference.

#49 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

No not really!!

If you can't see it then no amount of explanation from me will make a difference.

Good cop out.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#50 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

deary me.. Those t-shirts are just embarrassing.. i thought Ryan Atkins efforts at starting a clothing label were bad enough, but these two?!.. jeez. The impressionable youth of Leeds and the surrounding areas are in trouble.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#51 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

deary me.. Those t-shirts are just embarrassing.. i thought Ryan Atkins efforts at starting a clothing label were bad enough, but these two?!.. jeez. The impressionable youth of Leeds and the surrounding areas are in trouble.

Apparently the young and upwardly mobile set in Horsforth are all seen out and about in the wine bars and restaurants.Not to mention Wayne Rooney and his mates
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#52 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

I doubt any of the big outlets for 'urban' clothing would go near those designs. Coercing celebs to wear freebies is a much easier task than building a successful business. If it was that easy everybody here would be big movers and shakers in the fashion business.

#53 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

we are regarding this subject as very humourous.Aren't WE?

I doubt any of the big outlets for 'urban' clothing would go near those designs. Coercing celebs to wear freebies is a much easier task than building a successful business. If it was that easy everybody here would be big movers and shakers in the fashion business.

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#54 Big Red Keev

Big Red Keev
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Despite the fact that everytime ive come across him outside of Rugby hes been kind of the worlds biggest p*ick, I have absolutely no doubt that he would be a massive success in the NRL. Hes got size and ability and lets face it, despite the undoubted pool of talent available in the NRL the Aussey front rowers in general are becoming a bit of a joke. Im not sure any of the SOO props would make it into the England side. Saying that it does appear, one loud mouth Full back aside, Prop is the only position where we have any real strength.

It would be an interesting move.

#55 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

He must have had a very good offer considering he will be missing out on  testimonial and I don't think they are to be sniffed at

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#56 7723

• Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

despite the undoubted pool of talent available in the NRL the Aussey front rowers in general are becoming a bit of a joke. Im not sure any of the SOO props would make it into the England side.

You are joking aren't you?

#57 Big Red Keev

Big Red Keev
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not really, although perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I dont beleive that any of the Aussy props are better then the likes of the Burgess or Graham or even Hill or Mossop. Australia havent had a really good prop since Webke retired, this is evidenced by the fact that Civonceva carried on starting for Aus up until the last couple of years because the repalcements just werent there. Shillington is pretty good but thats all he is and are you trying to say that Gallen is better than Burgess or Graham?? I am willing to accept that in every other position ther is no comparrison if were honest with ourselves, but I just think are and indeed the Kiwi props are genuinley better than yours. NRL clubs are now having to look elsewhere for there forwrads because you just dont seem to be producing them to the standard required.

#58 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

I thought he called himself the most feared man in SL?

Perhaps you misheard, he is actually the most jeered man in Superleague. :tease:

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#59 brooza

brooza
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Not really, although perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I dont beleive that any of the Aussy props are better then the likes of the Burgess or Graham or even Hill or Mossop. Australia havent had a really good prop since Webke retired, this is evidenced by the fact that Civonceva carried on starting for Aus up until the last couple of years because the repalcements just werent there. Shillington is pretty good but thats all he is and are you trying to say that Gallen is better than Burgess or Graham?? I am willing to accept that in every other position ther is no comparrison if were honest with ourselves, but I just think are and indeed the Kiwi props are genuinley better than yours. NRL clubs are now having to look elsewhere for there forwrads because you just dont seem to be producing them to the standard required.

What was the old saying? Australia breeds backs, Britain breeds packs

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users