Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/06/13 - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC - KO 20:00 (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Castleford Tigers (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Hull FC (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

10 minute spell on second half killed us, well played Cas cannot argue with there commitment tonight. It was an excellent atmosphere in the ground, Crooks went well again with four tries and I thought Miller looked promising.

Well done to Castleford. They were always going to step it up tonight given that it was their first home game under their new coach. It was up to us to handle that and we didn't. I had a feeling we wouldn't. Missed conversions aside, a complete lack of composure cost us that game. Westerman going for the glory play instead of keeping the pressure on was the turning point for me.

Still plenty of reasons for us to be cheerful though. 

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#62 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Great win for Cas, Powell will be one of the best coaches in SL over the next few seasons.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#63 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well done to Castleford. They were always going to step it up tonight given that it was their first home game under their new coach. It was up to us to handle that and we didn't. I had a feeling we wouldn't. Missed conversions aside, a complete lack of composure cost us that game. Westerman going for the glory play instead of keeping the pressure on was the turning point for me.

Still plenty of reasons for us to be cheerful though. 

Indeed. You called it rather better than I did before the game.

Dukey suggested it was one of our dumbest performances in years but I don't think that's giving enough credit to Cas's spirit.

Sure, we should have won but the Cas performance probably meant they deserved the spoils.

Once again Ben Crooks showed what a talent he is and I saw enough to suggest Jacob Miller will hopefully be a key player for us whilst at the club.

Nice to see Kenny Tiger before the game, and I managed to avoid buying him a beer as well, so not all doom and gloom for me.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#64 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Nice to see Kenny Tiger before the game, and I managed to avoid buying him a beer as well, so not all doom and gloom for me.

It's a pity we've just had the Queen's Birthday honours list. That feat in itself was worthy of an MBE.

rldfsignature.jpg

#65 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

cracking game, error strewn yes but a right good old tussle and what a close finish, well done Cas

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#66 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Cracking game. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#67 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Indeed. You called it rather better than I did before the game.

Dukey suggested it was one of our dumbest performances in years but I don't think that's giving enough credit to Cas's spirit.

Sure, we should have won but the Cas performance probably meant they deserved the spoils.

Once again Ben Crooks showed what a talent he is and I saw enough to suggest Jacob Miller will hopefully be a key player for us whilst at the club.

Good man, good to know at least one of us was on their game last night.

Agree with you about giving Castleford credit for their spirit. Some of their desperation in defence was outstanding especially when we threatened to nick it at the death. It's nice to see them show their collective backsides to a lot of people who've wanted to write them off as a club.

Crooks is so good it's almost scary and I agree about Miller. Saw enough from him to show he's got it what it takes. As for the team overall, Briscoe and Yeaman will walk back in when fit. Goal kicking remains a worry when Tickle is out. Holdsworth looked frightened to death to me when he was lining up the kicks. We can talk all we like about performance and who deserved what (and I agree with what you're saying on that) but the simple fact is that we scored enough tries to win the game and the missed conversions cost us it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#68 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Just got home after a long journey!

Loved it last night, absoluteley brilliant night and massive credit to the Hull following - best I've sen in a while
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#69 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Little over 6,000 there last night. Usually this gets about 8,000 doesn't it?
Posted Image

#70 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Little over 6,000 there last night. Usually this gets about 8,000 doesn't it?

On a Sunday it may well have done.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#71 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

On a Sunday it may well have done.

Think the rain earlier in the day may have out a few off as well, although it was lovely by late afternoon!
Posted Image

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users