Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/06/13 - Salford City Reds v St Helens - KO 20:00

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Voted St Helens (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,983 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

FT

10-52

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Absolutely delighted with that.  Two wins in a row and managing to rack up a half century should give us some confidence going forward.   

#23 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Absolutely delighted with that.  Two wins in a row and managing to rack up a half century should give us some confidence going forward.   

Salford gave up though.  We shouldn't get overly carried away with that win.  We've already lost twice to HKR this season and so next week will give us a better idea of whether we have improved.

#24 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

What to make of that?

Positives. The first half was a massive improvement on last time. The team got a standing ovation as they left the field, despite being down on the scoreboard. They tackled well, they looked organised and I was even daring to think we could win the game. At 50 minutes, we were still in it, but the tide was clearly on the turn.

Negatives. The next 15 to 20 minutes were the stuff of horror movies. We just stopped doing the basics, tackling, clamping the ball, etc. Once Saints had breathing space, they turned on the style - not the Saints of old, but confident and flamboyant enough to turn a close game into a blowout in 20 minutes.

Overall. A better effort than last time and many fans did stay to give the team some applause at the end, unlike the abuse they got last time. I can't wait for this season to end. I can't get to many more fixtures due to holidays, but should make HKR and Widnes, possibly Catalans and Castleford. Looking forward to 2014, though.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#25 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

The try scored by Turner in the 2nd half was something else!

Salford are still failing to do the basics, why play Gaskell at fullback he is obviously poor in defence. His open play kicking was  vast improvement though.

The Saints fan sat next to me thought the score was harsh but not me, we allowed a number of tries to be scored without putting a hand on the attacker.

Will also be glad to see the back of the season

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,983 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users