Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

22/06/13 - Catalan Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 17:00

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

12000 was the figure used on fulltime.

#162 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Bosc goalkicking did not help cause 2 for 5, 5 tries to 4 you should not lose.

#163 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Mon ami, vous avez raison sur tout sauf cette partie-ci - on ne peut pas etre off-side derriere sa propre ligne d'essai. Cependant, c'etait un en-avant donc l'essai n'etait quand meme pas valable.

Pour le reste, 100% d'accord - il y avait quelque chose de sinistre dans la performance des arbitres hier.

I might be being a bit naive but I thought it was more down to sheer incompetence rather than anything sinister.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#164 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I might be being a bit naive but I thought it was more down to sheer incompetence rather than anything sinister.

"Sinistre" meaning disasterous in this context maybe ? In which case the wording is very apt - the officiating was shameful at times, something which was duly noted by Mr Rimmer hopefully

#165 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Bosc goalkicking did not help cause 2 for 5, 5 tries to 4 you should not lose.

Yeah you should not, but it is funny when it happens twice in the same weekend! ;)  :haha:

#166 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yeah you should not, but it is funny when it happens twice in the same weekend! ;) :haha:

Hilarious

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#167 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

"Sinistre" meaning disasterous in this context maybe ? In which case the wording is very apt - the officiating was shameful at times, something which was duly noted by Mr Rimmer hopefully

I think Browny was actually suggesting it was a bit dubious to say the least but I'm sure he'll clarify. Shameful is an appropriate way of describing it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#168 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

I finally rolled in at midnight after a highly successful and enjoyable weekend in Toulouse.

Firstly, my apologies to Robins up North, I couldn't find a programme seller in our stand anywhere. I will however see if I can get someone to part with one once they've read it.

We spend most of our time drinking in a pub called 'The Melting Pot' and flitting between a few takeaways - which is essential considering the alcohol consumption on these jaunts.

I met up with a gent called Andy Moore, a Hull lad who is exiled in Southampton. He is the PR man for their local RL club, the Spitfires.

Old Frightful will be happy to learn that I ensured Gwilym Lloyd returned safe and well to his hotel after a couple of beers with us. There was some sort of street festival going on but by the time it kicked off I'd had zero sleep and wandered back to the hotel.

On the game day I treated myself to a Espresso shot, which really did the trick, but had to put up with the abomination that is Carlsberg at the ground - truly horrible stuff.

I'm extremely happy to get the win, albeit maybe a bit lucky to say so. There were some strange calls made, one or two in Rovers' favour that I didn't quite understand but I'll take them. The crowd was fantastic, there were plenty of locals there, especially school children, and Catalans brought about 15 coach loads up. It is clear that a French/Catalan rivalry can grow if Toulouse make Super League in 2015 - Toulouse had a 'We're coming in 2015' banner showing that want in!

All in all an excellent experience in a new city watching the greatest game of all.

#169 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Y&feature=share

#170 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Firstly, my apologies to Robins up North, I couldn't find a programme seller in our stand anywhere. I will however see if I can get someone to part with one once they've read it.

I have a spare programme  if anyone is interested - pm me with your address and I will send it on

#171 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hilarious

I know, I am available for private functions especially ones for Hull FC fans ;)

#172 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

I know, I am available for private functions especially ones for Hull FC fans ;)

That makes you sound like some kind of stripper.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#173 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.