Photo
- - - - -

23/06/13 - Bradford Bulls v Widnes Vikings - KO 15:00

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Widnes Vikings (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sh*t and now bust??

Season over, yes.

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Season over, yes.

To be clear, I was having a bit of banter with hindle, I'm not baiting the bull fans...... You must be glad to have a club playing in super league. ... It's been a better season than you'd have thought mid last year.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure if I would rather have been demoted than limp along with half the money and declining crowds.

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure if I would rather have been demoted than limp along with half the money and declining crowds.

I've not noticed the crowds, are they really declining, I thought the club were ok for crowds, really did.

Should be a good away following next weekend, especially if we win tomorrow

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 23 June 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Penthouse to shithouse yet again. But both teams were awful and good in equal measure, the Ah Van length of the field try being the difference maker in more sense than one. I'm certainly thinking Cummins is probably out of his depth though, numerous tries came down the right hand side defence through Vikings' only real strike threat of Brown to Hock or Hanbury. Disappointed but entertained, next week against Warrington will be a precession. Too many penalties and mistakes cost us yet again, for probably the 19th time this season! Credit Widnes though, they definitely have a good team ethic when they can be arsed. Gratiously, albeit begrudgingly, pleased for some of the long suffering Widnes fans on this board.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've not noticed the crowds, are they really declining, I thought the club were ok for crowds, really did.

Should be a good away following next weekend, especially if we win tomorrow

There could well be more Warrington fans than home fans next week. Crowds are getting worse and the on field fare isn't going to attract any casual fans. The squad is paper thin and ultimately not good enough anyway.
It could be a massacre next week.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

To be clear, I was having a bit of banter with hindle, I'm not baiting the bull fans...... You must be glad to have a club playing in super league. ... It's been a better season than you'd have thought mid last year.

I'll take the banter! There's always the joy of still having the club, and the grief of listening to fans who bailed us out, but I'm not sure things are all hunky dory, perhaps it was over-achieving and consequences of the spending cuts but it certainly is a forlorn looking season now.

Yay, Wooly Bully. :(

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

To me it's a bit like when a player takes a painkilling injection to stay on the pitch but ends up missing the rest of the season. Sometimes it's better to come off the pitch rather than struggle on and cause more long term damage.

#29 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Poor show in the second half after a decent first half, when we should have had a couple more scores. Kevin Brown ran the show, whereas Addy and Gale didn't look like they'd been formally introduced.

Taking Evans and Blyth off with twenty minutes to go, shortly followed by Donaldson, signalled the demise of what cover tackling we had. After that, we were hanging on.

Gareth Hock had a very strong game, I thought he was the best forward on the field.

Let's hope Jarrod Sammut is fit for next week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#30 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thinking about it, it was very similar to the Castleford v Hull FC game on Friday night.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#31 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'm sure you are just down in the dumps mate, but it seems a little excessive. You have seen your team win 7 games in SL this year, 12 months after you wasn't sure if they would even play this year, so I wouldn't be too down.

I also would let the half the money thing go or it will be one of those things that eats away at you and allow you to become bitter about it - the club had plenty of handouts last year and have been treated quite well, the new owner was confident they could run on a reduced allowance, and he has been proven right. The fact that you are on the edge of the playoffs is probably the best you could have hoped for surely?

#32 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thing is Dave, I aren't particularly down in the dumps about it. I just think that all is still not right behind the scenes. I can accept struggling if it looks like you are climbing back out of the trough but I don't think we are.

#33 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

There could well be more Warrington fans than home fans next week. Crowds are getting worse and the on field fare isn't going to attract any casual fans. The squad is paper thin and ultimately not good enough anyway.
It could be a massacre next week.

Keep the faith, you're one of the good guys, I sincerely hope all turns out well for you

I'll take the banter! There's always the joy of still having the club, and the grief of listening to fans who bailed us out, but I'm not sure things are all hunky dory, perhaps it was over-achieving and consequences of the spending cuts but it certainly is a forlorn looking season now.

Yay, Wooly Bully. :(

Thanks mr h, it was banter, wish no harm to the bull fans.

#34 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thing is Dave, I aren't particularly down in the dumps about it. I just think that all is still not right behind the scenes. I can accept struggling if it looks like you are climbing back out of the trough but I don't think we are.

i suspect there may be a couple more average years yet before real signs of any growth for the Bulls. You went for a young unproven coach and some unproven players but you sit 9th - could be worse!

Interestingly your crowd was bigger than the Huds v Leeds game.

#35 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Much bigger. There were about 500  cubs, scouts guides on the pitch at half time.

#36 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

i suspect there may be a couple more average years yet before real signs of any growth for the Bulls. You went for a young unproven coach and some unproven players but you sit 9th - could be worse!

A few weeks ago that 9th was 4th.....
I aren't bailing out but arent optimistic at all.

#37 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Nice to be on the right end of a close one.

And we never got wet.

Happy days.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#38 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,101 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

At the risk of incurring the wrath of SM, why interesting?

I would say it's hardly a surprise.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#39 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

There were certainly not many Widnes fans there though, which is a shame really.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#40 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Having watched the Bulls lose a game from being well in front, I went home and watched Wales do exactly the same against England in the RU Junior World Cup Final.

:( :(

I'm going out now. Bet I get a bad pint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users