Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/06/13 - Bradford Bulls v Widnes Vikings - KO 15:00

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Widnes Vikings (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Thinking about it, it was very similar to the Castleford v Hull FC game on Friday night.

Not really Widnes were the away team and won by scoring more tries.

#42 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

There were certainly not many Widnes fans there though, which is a shame really.

que?? there were quite a few of us there, that said it was a pleasure to watch two teams that have returned from the brink competing a good sold super league game, nip and tuck with either side capable of winning the game.....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Not really Widnes were the away team and won by scoring more tries.

Or... one team twice stretched out a winning lead, which both times were clawed back and the game was ultimately decided by a breakaway try, although yesterday it was the penultimate try.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Good entertaining game for sure. Though we dominated and were easily the better side in most areas. The trouble with Widnes is that they've got possibly the best left sided attack in SL. We dealt with Hock pretty well I thought, but in doing so left the door open for Hanbury to carve it up. If Hock goes at the end of the season then it's hard to see Widnes maintaining their current levels.

Special mentions to Scruton, Blyth, Donaldson, Platt and particularly Luke Gale who had Hock running at him the whole game and put his body on the line many times. Sadly I think that's what dinted his attack.

I didn't understand the decision to bring off Donaldson and Blyth mid way through the second half, unless they were injured/knackered.

Hicks was reasonable although he penalised Widnes for about 4 high tackles on the bounce (one particularly bad one by Joesph on Donaldson), with another two that he let go, but there was never a hint of him talking to the captain or giving a final warning.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#45 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

we were more or less camped in bradfords half for the last 15 minutes and scored the crucial tries to win the game. as for hicks i thought he was shocking as usual, how on earth he missed matty blythe knocking on was as mysterious as the marie celeste...when hock goes i think we have someone lined up already to take his place, to add to tess tickle in the second row..............rumours are that it is harrison hansen

Edited by Viking Warrior, 24 June 2013 - 02:04 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#46 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

P. I'm certainly thinking Cummins is probably out of his depth though, numerous tries came down the right hand side defence through Vikings' only real strike threat of Brown to Hock or Hanbury.

Bulls looked out on there feet, and I was surprised that with 5 mins left we were making only our 9th interchange. Don't know if injuries restricted this but certainly doesn't look like good management of subs.

#47 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3QQM6mdhYOQ

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's odd that from the off I thought Salford and Widnes would effectively swap places in the table from last season to this. And we went from a draw away and a loss at home to Salford, to a draw away and a loss at home to Widnes. How queer.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users