Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/06/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v London Broncos - KO 15:30

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. London Broncos (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Discuss the game here.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Referee: T Alibert

Touch Judge: P Grundhill

Touch Judge: C Kendall

Reserve: E McCarthy

Match Commissioner: M Charlton

In Goal: B Armstrong

In Goal: M Kidd

Time Keeper: K Leyland

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Home record against London is pretty good but winning runs are made to be ended, I can't see London beating Wakefield if Wakefield turn up in this one though.

Wakefield 34 - 10 London

#4 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've got a feeling broncos may win this one, especially with soward in the team and having (fortunately) been lifted off the bottom of the league - should give a boost to the team.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

London squad: Mike Bishay, Mark Bryant, Mason Caton Brown, Michael Channing, Liam Colbon, Kieran Dixon, Erjon Dollapi, Luke Dorn, Jacob Fairbank, Ben Fisher, Shane Grady, Alex Hurst, Olsi Krasniqi, Harry Little, Chris Melling, Michael Robertson, Dan Sarginson, Scott Wheeldon, Joel Wicks.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've got a feeling broncos may win this one, especially with soward in the team and having (fortunately) been lifted off the bottom of the league - should give a boost to the team.

Soward in the team???

Posted Image

#7 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Soward in the team???

Soward hasnt been mentioned so we assume he is still awaiting his visa

11 missing in the form of Ocallaghan,Howell,Wiit,Kafusi ,Randall.Rodney Bailey,Clubb,Cook Lovell,

and Lee. Caton-Brown recalled from Hemel and four U19`s in the squad.  Depending on selection we may see 7

players who have come through the London ranks on show apparently

Some consolation I suppose come 1700 sunday.  ;)

Edited by Spicer, 21 June 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Andy Raleigh, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Kirmond, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Reece Lyne, Matty Wildie, Lucas Walshaw.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Soward in the team???

That's a shame we really need him in there ASAP. New loan signing fairbank from Hudds, not sure I've seen him play!! Probably go for wakey now especially with all those absentees.

#10 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Easy two points for Wakey, who should get a 30+ margin.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Wakefield, by 22.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

30 mins gone - Wakefield 24-0 London

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#13 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

attendence 8,200 :-)
Posted Image

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

attendence 8,200 :-)

Not a bad effort. I see Danny Kirmond got a hat trick, wouldn't mind him at the KC actually, guess I'll have to wait another 8 days.

46-14 full time.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Not a bad effort. I see Danny Kirmond got a hat trick, wouldn't mind him at the KC actually, guess I'll have to wait another 8 days.

46-14 full time.

I think Kirmond should be given a shot for England. He's been playing consistently well for a while now. If he was at a 'big' club I'm sure more fuss would of been made about him.

#16 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

London were shocking. Gave us loads of penalties. Lee Smith kicked to touch well. A few straight, hard runs and we scored time & time again.

Great crowd on a dull day. Wakey really have come on as a club. Even if the team is still a bit off the mark for the standard required in SL.

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

London were shocking. Gave us loads of penalties.

Just quoted this on another thread. Hope you don't mind.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#18 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

I really can't see how Tony Rea can stay in charge of the Broncos much longer. They are nearly as bad under him as they was Rob Powell. A team like London who some people want to be put in the Championship need to be winning games to answer their critics. Its just not happening for them.

#19 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

I really can't see how Tony Rea can stay in charge of the Broncos much longer. They are nearly as bad under him as they was Rob Powell. A team like London who some people want to be put in the Championship need to be winning games to answer their critics. Its just not happening for them.

Last time he was in charge, they were as dull as ditch water, but they were defensively solid. Now they defend like my old U14s team. Kieron Dixon is clearly great with ball in hand, but he doesn't seem to have improved his defence at all. You suspect he'll have to move to another club to get the type of coaching he requires to become more than a flash in the pan player, like Kevin Penny!!

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Good crowd, a few years ago Wakefield might have thrown their hands in the air and said that they couldn't promote a game with no/few away fans. The fact they got a larger crowd than the Hudds-Leeds game is credit to Wakefield; not sure what it says about Huddersfield though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users