TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

24/06/13 - Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:45 (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (16 votes [69.57%])

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Discuss the game here.

Edited by hindle xiii, 19 June 2013 - 03:29 PM.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Referee: P Bentham

Touch Judge: A Martin

Touch Judge: J Child

Reserve: G Towey

Match Commissioner: D Campbell

Video Ref: I Smith

Time Keeper: A Mills

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Voted with the heart and not the head and gone for a Wigan win. Form has not been great against the Wires of late. To me this is a must win game if Wigan are to be LLS winners, still the most important and most impressive trophy to win in my eyes.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

If Wigan win this I believe the LLS is pretty much wrapped up. Not sure who will win, I think if Wire perform they will win, but they have been rather patchy this season.

#5 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

If Wigan win this I believe the LLS is pretty much wrapped up. Not sure who will win, I think if Wire perform they will win, but they have been rather patchy this season.

Should be a proper game. Wire to shade it

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wire need to win if they want a home game come play offs.

LLS is wigans, no club will come within four points - pies have plenty of home games left and only a few away games

Pies to sneak this by 4 pts

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Is O'Loughlin fit for this one? In fact, after the game at Widnes, are there any returning players?

Think the Pies will win this regardless.

Wire 16 Wigoon 26

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#8 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wire will be too good for Pies and can see a marker being put down, all four play makers fit and pack getting into dominant mode.

#9 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Briers and Morley are back hence the reason for Wire's upturn in form and results.
They are also posting a lot of points.
Wigan are missing plenty, Prescott, Dudson, Flower, O'Loughlin, Green and a couple of others maybe.
Can see S Wane sending out the younger players and not risking players just returing from injury.

A big factor could be that Wigan are at home the following Friday (4 days later) v Castleford. That is one they will want to win at home, then Bradford at the DW followed by a home tie in the C Cup v Widnes. All bar Prescott and Flower should be back for the C Cup.

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I can't see Wigan winning this, but we have performed beyond my expectations throughout the year so wouldn't be astonished if we did. If both teams had their first choice 17 out Wire would probably win, so with us carrying more injuries it's a big ask. Looking forward to it and hope we don't get smashed as has happened a fair bit at the HJ recently.

#11 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Think Wigan will be happy to give a good account of themselves in  this, They are in the driving seat for the shield , with so many out why push it , Wolves will be too good with the team they can put out, but the Piemen will not be lying down.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#12 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Damn, we've already lost the race to disingenuously predict a defeat for our own team.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

What is disingenuous about it if people genuinely think that their team hasn't got enough to win?

You seem very involved for a Leigh fan.

You can go back to any big game and see posts like this beforehand, with fans racing to claim their side has no chance. Saintslass does it before every game. It's not a problem for me, people can post what they like.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Damn, we've already lost the race to disingenuously predict a defeat for our own team.

Still number 1 for the sarcastic dig and non-committal posting though. :good:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

You seem very involved for a Leigh fan.

You can go back to any big game and see posts like this beforehand, with fans racing to claim their side has no chance. Saintslass does it before every game. It's not a problem for me, people can post what they like.

Am confused now - but "Damn" suggests you are bothered and the cause seems to be the "disingenuous" postings.

After all it is Wire who are the favourites for all 3 trophies, so it is hardly an absurd prediction to look at the respective health of the squads and past history and favour the home team...  

#16 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Wigans recent victories have flattered them slightly I feel (just my opinion) but I think it will be a very different Wigan team on show on Monday

I personally think Wire at home have the edge though...who I want to win will entirely depend on the Giants result on Sunday though lol

#17 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Wire need to win if they want a home game come play offs.

LLS is wigans, no club will come within four points - pies have plenty of home games left and only a few away games

Pies to sneak this by 4 pts

I have been really surprised by Wigan this year, they have quietly gone about their business - maybe because Sky seem obsessed by Leeds this year rather than the League Leaders, but Wigan do have some tough games left.

They have an away game at Warrington, a Saints derby, a battle with Huddersfield and Leeds as well as a trip to Catalan.

In fact they play all of the current top 8 before the season is over.

#18 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

If the Giants hadn't lost to HKR last round I'd have said it was all on for the LLS

Because of that gap though I think Wigan might just have enough of a gap to close it out now

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

If the Giants hadn't lost to HKR last round I'd have said it was all on for the LLS

Because of that gap though I think Wigan might just have enough of a gap to close it out now

Don't get me wrong, if I had to put money on one team, it would be on Wigan, but things can change pretty quickly.

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

That's true. I just think Wigan have enough gas to hold on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users