Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

20-23/06/13 - Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

sounds like they will blame the weather for the poor satellite reception. haha

#22 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

what a gift for sheffield, bad stuff from batley

#23 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

its a knockonathon at the moment.

#24 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

didn't realise the weather was so bad looks like a very heavy night in batley, still 6-10

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#25 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,965 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Decent game really. Quite enjoying it

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#26 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

good effort that but the three batley lads almost helped him over 6-14

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

What's Woods on about a bonus point?   If they draw BOTH teams get 2 points!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

8-14 batley taking the two? bonus point!

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#29 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

What's Woods on about a bonus point?   If they draw BOTH teams get 2 points!!!!!!!!!!

but if sheff don't score batley get a point.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

but if sheff don't score batley get a point.

At 14 - 6 they would get a bonus point.   They took the two in order that if they scored a converted try they would get a draw which is 2 points.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

final score 8-14 good game in ###### conditions.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#32 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Did anyone else think that drop goal attempt was actually a drop goal? 

Rowe for Batley appeared to have a bit of a mare.  I think he dropped the ball three times in the second half and was involved in the tackle which effectively took the Sheffield player over the line for their final try.  I felt a bit sorry for him after his final knock on!  But I do like watching Sheffield play and so I'm glad they won.

#33 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Recorded it but loss of signal meant that it failed. Too unreliable. Getting rid after origin

#34 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Recorded it but loss of signal meant that it failed. Too unreliable. Getting rid after origin

Haha, there's not a lot you can do when the weather is that bad mate. Even Emmerdale failed to record in this house tonight!

Posted Image

#35 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

In Bristol the weather was fine. The problem was with outgoing signal from Batley. Prem sports are ultimately responsible and there have been too many failures now imho

Edited by BBR, 21 June 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#36 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Having been at the game I can confirm it was an absolutely filthy night in Batley, both teams did well given the conditions.
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#37 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

In Bristol the weather was fine. The problem was with outgoing signal from Batley. Prem sports are ultimately responsible and there have been too many failures now imho

Ah I see. So what do you suggest? Premier Sports should invest in a magic weather machine to move on all torrential downpours that happen on the night of a match then? Maybe send big Dave Woods up a ladder with a desk fan?

I think some folk need to get a sense of perspective here. Even Sky Sports HD drops its signal in bad weather.

Posted Image

#38 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thought the Batley v Sheffield game last night was a cracker, despite the weather up there.

Come on THE LIONS ON SUNDAY
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#39 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Barrow Raiders v Featherstone Rovers (3.00pm)

Barrow Raiders are set to welcome back loose forward Dan Toal for the visit of Featherstone Rovers.
Toal missed the recent defeat at Dewsbury Rams after limping out of their game with Sheffield Eagles with a knee complaint.
However a blank weekend has allowed the back rower enough time to recover.
Coach Darren Holt is also hoping that is the case for ankle injury victims Liam Harrison and Sean Casey, who he will run checks on just prior to the game.
Featherstone will be boosted by the return of Jon Hepworth from a hand injury, but prop Anthony England may be out for the rest of the season.
England needs an operation on his shoulder that will require two to three months’ rehabilitation.
“It could be the season for him and that’s a big blow,” coach Ryan Sheridan said.
“It will be a tough challenge for us at Barrow – they’ve been staying in games and not losing by much.”
Second row Tim Spears is rated as “50/50” with a medial ligament problem.

Foo Quinnell.

Huge blow to us that.

A Fev Blog

#40 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

Ah I see. So what do you suggest? Premier Sports should invest in a magic weather machine to move on all torrential downpours that happen on the night of a match then? Maybe send big Dave Woods up a ladder with a desk fan?

I think some folk need to get a sense of perspective here. Even Sky Sports HD drops its signal in bad weather.

Don't recall sky ever losing a football game due to rain and the only super league one was catalan a few seasons back. 3 in one season for prrem can't be just bad luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users