Mid Season Review This Weekend For NCL South

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Rumour control has it that not one of the clubs invited to attend this meeting re joining this league next season actually attended.  Did any poster on here attend, and if so any chance of an update. 

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have an inkling that DR isn't going to be much of a problem going forward

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have an inkling that DR isn't going to be much of a problem going forward

As in, quietly dropped? This may bring cheers and happiness all round, except I still think it leaves a problem or two for the structure of rugby league south of Sheffield.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#24 Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Rumour control has it that not one of the clubs invited to attend this meeting re joining this league next season actually attended.  Did any poster on here attend, and if so any chance of an update. 

No one went from the Eastern Rhinos, because while it may have been a rest day for the Conference South teams and they were in the North discussing the South ! the teams most likely to join such as London Premier sides had a full fixture list

#25 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

What are Rhinos thoughts for next year Cooky?

If St. Albans came back to London Premier and one other team that would be a great 8 team comp?

#26 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

As in, quietly dropped? This may bring cheers and happiness all round, except I still think it leaves a problem or two for the structure of rugby league south of Sheffield.

Unlikely given the plans of the RFL. We're likely to see more dual reg, not less - it's just the rules that may change (E.G club of origin, limited amount of players etc).
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#27 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Unlikely given the plans of the RFL. We're likely to see more dual reg, not less - it's just the rules that may change (E.G club of origin, limited amount of players etc).

Dual reg is one of my major gripes with the sport at the moment. I really don't like its effect on competition integrity and on how players view the loyalty to the club whose shirt they are pulling on. 

Perhaps I'm old fashioned.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#28 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Dual reg is one of my major gripes with the sport at the moment. I really don't like its effect on competition integrity and on how players view the loyalty to the club whose shirt they are pulling on.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned.

Couldn't agree more

Edited by Stew R, 29 June 2013 - 07:23 PM.

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

#29 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Couldn't agree more

Ditto. We could also take a leaf out of football's book and ban players from playing for more than two clubs in a system. The Gareth O'Brien situation this year is beyond a joke. Ditto the Matt Smith situation a few years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users