Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan sign Hopkins from Leigh

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Wigan Warriors have confirmed the signing of Leigh utility forward Sam Hopkins on a two-year deal for 2014 and 2015 with a further option for 2016.
The 23 year old will join the Warriors for the start of pre-season in November when his current contract with the Centurions comes to an end.
Hopkins joined the Centurions from local amateur club Leigh East and has been a regular in the side since 2011. He has represented Great Britain Community Lions Under-18’s and has the ability to play either at prop or second row.
Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane said, “We have been keeping an eye on Sam for a while and have been impressed with what we have seen. He is tough and runs hard and I am confident under the guidance of our quality back room staff he has both the ability and passion to become a success as a full time professional. It is a big step for him to make the move from the Championship but he is  very determined and driven and just the sort of player I enjoy working with."

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

good signing, i have been impressed with hopkins when i have watched him...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#3 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Congrats and all the best Sam, thoroughly deserved progression. Glad we've got you at least for the rest of the season. Can we up the partnership age to 24/25 next year please 

On another note - Leigh East > Leigh Centurions > Wigan Warriors   Save Leigh East

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users