Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan sign Hopkins from Leigh

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Wigan Warriors have confirmed the signing of Leigh utility forward Sam Hopkins on a two-year deal for 2014 and 2015 with a further option for 2016.
The 23 year old will join the Warriors for the start of pre-season in November when his current contract with the Centurions comes to an end.
Hopkins joined the Centurions from local amateur club Leigh East and has been a regular in the side since 2011. He has represented Great Britain Community Lions Under-18’s and has the ability to play either at prop or second row.
Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane said, “We have been keeping an eye on Sam for a while and have been impressed with what we have seen. He is tough and runs hard and I am confident under the guidance of our quality back room staff he has both the ability and passion to become a success as a full time professional. It is a big step for him to make the move from the Championship but he is  very determined and driven and just the sort of player I enjoy working with."

Click here to view the article

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

good signing, i have been impressed with hopkins when i have watched him...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#3 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Congrats and all the best Sam, thoroughly deserved progression. Glad we've got you at least for the rest of the season. Can we up the partnership age to 24/25 next year please 

On another note - Leigh East > Leigh Centurions > Wigan Warriors   Save Leigh East

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion