• 985 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Where do I sign?

#62 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

The Northampton debacle just about sums up the RFL at the moment. After everything the game went through with PSG, Crusaders and Gateshead you would think that all contingencies had been considered and the application thought through like any pro organisation would've. But to make the same mistake again so quickly after the last doesn't instil confidence.

I'm with you I have no confidence in this lot and their proposals to revamp SL don't even address the core issues of the sport in Europe.

Edited by The Daddy_merged, 23 June 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#63 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

The Northampton debacle just about sums up the RFL at the moment. After everything the game went through with PSG, Crusaders and Gateshead you would think that all contingencies had been considered and the application thought through like any pro organisation would've. But to make the same mistake again so quickly after the last doesn't instil confidence.

I'm with you I have no confidence in this lot and their proposals to revamp SL don't even address the core issues of the sport in Europe.

the Northampton situation wasnt anything like the otger 3 so you could say they did learn from those and decided new clubs should go through the ranks rather than being thrust into SL.

Whils it was disappointing that Northampton didnt make it, are there no positives from All Golds, Hemel and Oxford?
If we are being balanced then they would get credit for successes too surely?

#64 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

I could go into depth about how the Rebels franchise came about (literally a phone call to the football club saying do you want some bums on seats in the summer and a fee ability study written by a local amateur RL enthusiast) and how from their collapse Oxford was rushed through. But this isn't about that.

I'd like to know how I can bring about change.

#65 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

the Northampton situation wasnt anything like the otger 3 so you could say they did learn from those and decided new clubs should go through the ranks rather than being thrust into SL.

Whils it was disappointing that Northampton didnt make it, are there no positives from All Golds, Hemel and Oxford?
If we are being balanced then they would get credit for successes too surely?

It has everything to do with the other 3

#66 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

It has everything to do with the other 3

haven't people been saying expansion should happen from the bottom. Using examples of three clubs thrust into SL ultimately before they were ready is not the same thing at all.

#67 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wood must go, it's getting like emperor Nero with the back coming from him

Bring in an independant businessman, Christ, even go get David gallop

#68 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Haven't the RFL made a profit for the last 5 or 6 years?

#69 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I think the RFL needs restructuring and moving to Manchester (if not London) as it is the real second city in England. More money needs spending on marketing and PR (yes PR) with each club losing a % of the Sky to pay for it, not including Catalans or London (or Toulouse when they join).

#70 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think the RFL needs restructuring and moving to Manchester (if not London) as it is the real second city in England. More money needs spending on marketing and PR (yes PR) with each club losing a % of the Sky to pay for it, not including Catalans or London (or Toulouse when they join).

ALL super league clubs should pay equally, you can't have 12 out of 14 clubs contributing and the other 2 getting the same benefits for no outlay......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#71 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Wood and Rimmer have proved themselves incompetent and incapable of running the RFL and the stakeholders in the game should have a mechanism by which they can hold these two accountable for their mismanagement.

We are lurching from embarassment to ridicule and back again with these two seemingly oblivious to the damage they're causing.

Get rid and headhunt someone who has proven themselves to be capable of running an NGB before the damage condemns us frever

#72 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

the only major sports league in britain without a sponsor not to mention the world cup!!.....................i rest my case.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#73 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Wood must go, it's getting like emperor Nero with the back coming from him

Bring in an independant businessman, Christ, even go get David gallop

David Gallop is Chief executive of the Football Federation Australia.

‚ÄčAustralia just successfully qualified for next years World Cup.

#74 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

David Gallop is Chief executive of the Football Federation Australia.

‚ÄčAustralia just successfully qualified for next years World Cup.

I'm failing to see your point

#75 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

the only major sports league in britain without a sponsor not to mention the world cup!!.....................i rest my case.

exactly!!!!! its an absolute embarrassment that a major sport in the uk cant get a sponsor.

who's fault is that??

C'MON :sclerosis:

#76 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

at last, honest to god my heart aches with what is being done to the game i love.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#77 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Has anybody ever been happy with anybody we have had?

There is a fair bit of support for Lewis on here, but there is also some people who pretty much think he is the anti-christ.

Interestingly I had a conversation with Lewis at a Magic Weekend in Cardiff a few years back, and he couldn't speak highly enough of Wood.

#78 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

what do you mean 'not to mention the world cup'. In what way are you not happy with what Wood and Rimmer have done with the WC?

#79 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

what do you mean 'not to mention the world cup'. In what way are you not happy with what Wood and Rimmer have done with the WC?

It doesn't have a sponsor either!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#80 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

It doesn't have a sponsor either!!

They have announced that they probably won't have a title sponsor, like the 2008 one, which wasn't organised by the RFL.

Pretty much like every other sport's World Cup too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users