Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Cas Tigers agree kit sponsorship with Yorkshire Pride

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Castleford Tigers are delighted to announce that Yorkshire Pride will be one of the Club’s kit sponsors for the 2014 Super League season.

Yorkshire Pride have several popular and traditional British bars based in the heart of Benidorm, Spain regularly visited by Castleford fans.

The latest sponsorship agreement follows the recent announcement that Carlsberg UK brand, Tetley’s will also appear on the Club’s kit next season.

Castleford Tigers Commercial Director, Mark Grattan said: “We are very pleased to welcome Yorkshire Pride into the Club’s family of sponsors.

“Yorkshire Pride delivers a fantastic experience for British tourists, many of whom are Cas fans, when they visit one of the three bars in the area.

“This is a good partnership for Castleford Tigers as they are ardent fans of the Club and big supporters of Rugby League, so we are delighted to have them as one of our kit sponsors for next season.” 

Yorkshire Pride Owners, Lesley and Tad X said: “We are proud to have our brand associated with an excellent and traditional Rugby League Club who we have supported all our lives, which also provides us with great exposure to people across Yorkshire and the UK.

“Many Castleford fans are Yorkshire Pride customers, so this partnership is perfect in bringing us even closer to the people who we serve.

“We are delighted to agree this sponsorship deal and look forward to a bright future together.”

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

I really want to be positive about any sponsorship deal. But three pubs in benidorm can get kit advertising in superleague, that's a worry.

Great for the sponsor though, good of them to get involved

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

I really want to be positive about any sponsorship deal. But three pubs in benidorm can get kit advertising in superleague, that's a worry.

completely agree
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

"one of the kit" sponsors, though. Not the main one, surely?

BarterCard were London sponsors in exchange for a lunch at Pizza Hut IIRC.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

As far as I am aware the people who actually own the bars are from castleford and are massive tigers fans, a party of us go every year now instead of travelling to wembley for the challenge cup final and always watch the final in the yorkshire pride, the place is a brilliant place to be and always full of rugby people, plus I see it as money coming into the sport is what we need isnt it?

Edited by thepimp007, 21 June 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Well if I ever find myself in Benidorm, I shall head straight to the Yorkshire Pride. Fair play to them!

Posted Image

#7 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Sounds like a horrendous place. Good on them for handing their money over though, it all helps.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Sounds like a horrendous place. Good on them for handing their money over though, it all helps.

Benidorm or castleford ??

#9 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Like I said, it's great they are investing. But taking kit sponsorship which offers a platform to 200k people on tv plus exposure from replicas, etc. I was more commenting on the state of the game, not criticising the sponsor.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Place'll be rockin' toneet.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Benidorm or castleford ??

Easy now..... Glass houses, stones & all that

#12 dobber

dobber
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

As far as I am aware the people who actually own the bars are from castleford and are massive tigers fans, a party of us go every year now instead of travelling to wembley for the challenge cup final and always watch the final in the yorkshire pride, the place is a brilliant place to be and always full of rugby people, plus I see it as money coming into the sport is what we need isnt it?

Tad owner of the Yorkshire pride ex Lock Lane player, in the eighties / nineties. I think he has sponsered Lock Lane in the past.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

I bet Tads not always in, he normally goes  to Wembley with us :dancer: and sponsored one of our kits last year.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users