Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BARLA AGM this weekend

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

And came back as associate members a couple of years ago ,not sure of their current status though ?

I believe that they're totally independent now Taxi, that's if you ignore the MOU. And I believe that they are the league agreed at the RFL Community Board to extend winter/summer rugby at the age group 8's - 18's in Yorkshire.

And I believe that the £10,000 annual RFL grant offered to them has dried up due to the cut in Sport England funding - or was it directly after the Yorkshire Juniors/RFL management finally prised the league into winter

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 28 June 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#82 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

I believe that they're totally independent now Taxi, that's if you ignore the MOU. And I believe that they are the league agreed at the RFL Community Board to extend winter/summer rugby at the age group 8's - 18's in Yorkshire.

And I believe that the £10,000 annual RFL grant offered to them has dried up due to the cut in Sport England funding - or was it directly after the Yorkshire Juniors/RFL management finally prised the league into winter

Is the Yorkshire Juniors the league that's been having it's books disputed ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#83 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

And came back as associate members a couple of years ago ,not sure of their current status though ?

The associate member status was solely so that their U12s-U15s could enter the Yorkshire Cup and their U14s could enter the BARLA National Cup. Both of those competitions were pretty meaningless without Yorkshire Junior teams. It was made very clear that BARLA would have no say in the running of the league or any authority over anything except the cup games, if Yorkshire Juniors accepted the offer to become associate members.

They must still be associate members as their clubs competed in the U12s - U16s BARLA cup this season again.

#84 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Pretty meaningless without Yorkshire Juniors , or was it not the case that Yorkshire Juniors needed to play against better opponents looking at the recent success of the North West in the national cups which include Yorkshire Juniors that would back up the theory.

12s do not compete at national cup ,have not done for many years another Barla board crazy decision .

#85 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Pretty meaningless without Yorkshire Juniors , or was it not the case that Yorkshire Juniors needed to play against better opponents looking at the recent success of the North West in the national cups which include Yorkshire Juniors that would back up the theory.

12s do not compete at national cup ,have not done for many years another Barla board crazy decision .

I think that the score was 2 (Leigh East/St Pats) 1 (Stanningley) Taxi. Interesting with the 12's though, why don't they have a BARLA National Cup, they play county cups in all three counties and I would think that it would be a great adventure for them at that age - any offers?

#86 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think that the score was 2 (Leigh East/St Pats) 1 (Stanningley) Taxi. Interesting with the 12's though, why don't they have a BARLA National Cup, they play county cups in all three counties and I would think that it would be a great adventure for them at that age - any offers?

Think there might be soon. There is talk of a national cup for the teams that play summer, which is virtually all juniors now. Can't really see how the current BARLA cups (either county or national) really fit into the season now.

#87 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yorkshire Juniors ran U7s to U16s from the start of the season, so didn't have nay teams to enter BARLA's U18s cup. Wigan St Pats won at U14s and Stanningley won at U16s. 7 of the 8 semi-finalists were from Yorkshire Juniors which I think underlines the strength in that league, which has only been enhanced by some of the best Hull clubs joining at the higher age groups for tougher regular fixtures.

#88 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Think in recent years you will find the NW have dominated with the exception of this year granted, that aside we want our kids to have the opportunity to play all areas and so it should be .

With regards to the 12s we will put something together with the other areas to see if we can generate interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users