TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

are modern sl players less masculine than before?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

forwards in particular- where are the les boyds, kevin wards, kurt sorensens Harvey howards and barrie macs, ??????? there seems to be a lot of players who seem to take time getting their hair right instead of getting their game right these days- too many tattooed, pump wearing , elasticated bottom trouser wearing lightweights who are image conscious.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Less masculine than before what?

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

forwards in particular- where are the les boyds, kevin wards, kurt sorensens Harvey howards and barrie macs, ??????? there seems to be a lot of players who seem to take time getting their hair right instead of getting their game right these days- too many tattooed, pump wearing , elasticated bottom trouser wearing lightweights who are image conscious.

So what? As long as it doesn't impede their game (if anything Brett Delaney's tatts have made him better ;) ) then no problem.

Edited by Gav Wilson, 20 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

The way sl clubs want forwards to play now is different to the rough tough props from back in the day. Thry seem to want everyone in the pack to b 6ft odd and 17 stone. More frame then the old style props of pure power and strength. I like blockbusting props but not many about now unfortunately.

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

The way sl clubs want forwards to play now is different to the rough tough props from back in the day. Thry seem to want everyone in the pack to b 6ft odd and 17 stone. More frame then the old style props of pure power and strength. I like blockbusting props but not many about now unfortunately.

Mitchell Stringer at Sheffield and George Rose at Manly are the only two I can think of right now...

Posted Image

#6 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mitchell Stringer at Sheffield and George Rose at Manly are the only two I can think of right now...

Gallen?

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sam Kasiano at the Dogs never looks that athletic . 

#8 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

I bet you've just seen a clip of the women's World Cup and you've got your wrong specs on and it's all a bit confusing..??

I will get in trouble for that one.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users