Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

are modern sl players less masculine than before?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

forwards in particular- where are the les boyds, kevin wards, kurt sorensens Harvey howards and barrie macs, ??????? there seems to be a lot of players who seem to take time getting their hair right instead of getting their game right these days- too many tattooed, pump wearing , elasticated bottom trouser wearing lightweights who are image conscious.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Less masculine than before what?

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

forwards in particular- where are the les boyds, kevin wards, kurt sorensens Harvey howards and barrie macs, ??????? there seems to be a lot of players who seem to take time getting their hair right instead of getting their game right these days- too many tattooed, pump wearing , elasticated bottom trouser wearing lightweights who are image conscious.

So what? As long as it doesn't impede their game (if anything Brett Delaney's tatts have made him better ;) ) then no problem.

Edited by Gav Wilson, 20 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

The way sl clubs want forwards to play now is different to the rough tough props from back in the day. Thry seem to want everyone in the pack to b 6ft odd and 17 stone. More frame then the old style props of pure power and strength. I like blockbusting props but not many about now unfortunately.

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

The way sl clubs want forwards to play now is different to the rough tough props from back in the day. Thry seem to want everyone in the pack to b 6ft odd and 17 stone. More frame then the old style props of pure power and strength. I like blockbusting props but not many about now unfortunately.

Mitchell Stringer at Sheffield and George Rose at Manly are the only two I can think of right now...

Posted Image

#6 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mitchell Stringer at Sheffield and George Rose at Manly are the only two I can think of right now...

Gallen?

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sam Kasiano at the Dogs never looks that athletic . 

#8 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

I bet you've just seen a clip of the women's World Cup and you've got your wrong specs on and it's all a bit confusing..??

I will get in trouble for that one.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users