Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting news

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

I saw this via twitter about a story about Mullaly then saw at the bottom that Moore has signed a 2 year deal at fev.

http://www.thesun.co...rce=twitterfeed
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#2 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

I saw this via twitter about a story about Mullaly then saw at the bottom that Moore has signed a 2 year deal at fev.

http://www.thesun.co...rce=twitterfeed

.....and CASTLEFORD have offered Batley’s star centre Jason Walton, 22, a two-year contract.

Moore to Featherstone would be an interesting one.

#3 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Rumours on our site that Penky going to Fev next season..........cant see it though TBH.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#4 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Wouldnt read too much into anything in the Sun, they once credited me for 4 photos and paid me over £500, none of the 4 were mine. :biggrin:

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

.....and CASTLEFORD have offered Batley’s star centre Jason Walton, 22, a two-year contract.

Moore to Featherstone would be an interesting one.

Can we have Liam Finn in exchange?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

am sorry but at the moment you can have finn for me not the player he was maybe thats because he's now captain but he is so predictable he wot he does us on the terraces no wot he's gonna do before he does ???

#7 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

Thought Finn was going to Halifax

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well if this is true I don't blame Walton for giving SL a go.

As for Gareth Moore. I'd like him to stay but if not I'm happy with Hemingway as he is just as good on the pitch and a better kicker.

#9 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Well if this is true I don't blame Walton for giving SL a go.

As for Gareth Moore. I'd like him to stay but if not I'm happy with Hemingway as he is just as good on the pitch and a better kicker.

The problem with this is that if rumors are to be believed we won't have Moore or Hemingway next season.

#10 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

am sorry but at the moment you can have finn for me not the player he was maybe thats because he's now captain but he is so predictable he wot he does us on the terraces no wot he's gonna do before he does ???

Tut tut, poor lad, he was best thing since slice bread when he was breaking records etc.
Anyway Liam cannot go anywhere at the moment because he's just been granted a six month Testimonial and a Diary of events is well under way
Im Fev and im proud

#11 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Keegan hirst to featherstone.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

The way rumours are going half of your team are coming to us. Looking at Moore he doesn't look any better than what we have got so cannot see why although I'm not the new coach. As for the ones that moan about Finn at Fev and there are a few they are probably the same who said Powell wasn't good enough and look what's happening now we are not the team we was. Anyway come November we will all know who's goin where

Out of interest if Batley had Finn would you be happy to be bringing Moore in or not

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

I think Moore has potential to improve where as finn is just over the brow of the hill. It is a shame Gareth isnt half a yard quicker but he is a top champ player and will be for a few years and I would keep him if we can

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#14 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

i would have finn in an heartbeat, look how many real hard games hes had for fev and helped rip some teams apart so maybe a breather and fresh setup would do finny the world a good.moore gets pushed around too easy for me and if he put a bit more beef on he wouldent have that edge to his bursts a speed.really cant see him doing anything at fev as he aint a big enough fella.

#15 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think Moore has potential to improve where as finn is just over the brow of the hill. It is a shame Gareth isnt half a yard quicker but he is a top champ player and will be for a few years and I would keep him if we can

That's just how I'd describe Finny myself. He's been great for us and still is, but I suspect he's going to struggle to reach the heights as often as time goes on sadly.

That's now Walmsley, Moore & Hirst that are supposed to be joining us from Batley for next season. Does that make Batley the new Dewsbury? :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

That's now Walmsley, Moore & Hirst that are supposed to be joining us from Batley for next season. Does that make Batley the new Dewsbury? :lol:

I bloody hope not!

PS Gazza77 has anybody told you, you look like a young John Kear :pickeat:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

PS Gazza77 has anybody told you, you look like a young John Kear :pickeat:

:lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#18 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Looks like Batley's best players are leaving the club. I'm sure the Rams will b more than happy to take Hemmingway off your hands :-)

#19 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Looks like Batley's best players are leaving the club. I'm sure the Rams will b more than happy to take Hemmingway off your hands :-)

I wouldn't be too sure about that ;-)
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

I've heard Batley are in the s##t with their finances. Oh dear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users