Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting news

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

:-D
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#22 Good Dog

Good Dog
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Batley are no worse off than usual, just certain clubs are splashing the cash.

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

That's just how I'd describe Finny myself. He's been great for us and still is, but I suspect he's going to struggle to reach the heights as often as time goes on sadly.

That's now Walmsley, Moore & Hirst that are supposed to be joining us from Batley for next season. Does that make Batley the new Dewsbury? :lol:

Did you forget Flanagan?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

We aren't in a financial mess.

We simply don't have the money to offer the same wages as clubs like Fev and Fax, etc. So if they offer our players more than we can, then we are likely to lose a few.

That's life. We will just have to find replacements. And I'm sure that process is already under way...

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

How can you afford to run as a business when your crowds are diabolical and you have no other way of financing the club? Nicholson won't bank roll you forever!

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've heard Batley are in the s##t with their finances. Oh dear.

Well if you've heard it it must be true.

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

So have the Batley players, that's why most of them want out

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

To be fair, you are the expert in players leaving your club at the end of the season . . . so fair do's. It's why you have been rubbish for years.

#29 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

I seem to remember, not so many days ago, Mr Rombo proclaiming that he had decided to turn over a new leaf and be more positive with his comments.  Mmm!.  Looks like the same old poisonous drivel to me.  

#30 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Not quite Eddie.

Other teams with bigger budgets have simply offered some of our players more money than we can offer. Thats life. We rightly are not willing to break our wage structure for any player. That's one of the reasons why we've achieved financial stability over the last few years, despite small crowds and less revenue than alot of other teams in this division, including Dewsbury.

One of the downsides of success on the field is that other clubs take an interest in your players, which is what has happened with us over the course of the last 12 months.

Thankfully for you, thats not something the Rams currently need to worry about.

#31 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

I seem to remember, not so many days ago, Mr Rombo proclaiming that he had decided to turn over a new leaf and be more positive with his comments.  Mmm!.  Looks like the same old poisonous drivel to me.  

He hit the depths for me with his stated desire that we become financially crippled! If he cannot rise above petty regional rivalry to post vindictive and malicious comments he deserves all he gets on here. Personally I would hate any club to fall on bad times, and he seems to have forgotten his clubs financial plight at the beginning of this season.

#32 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Crossley left last season to Fev and in previous years we have lost England, Bostock, Finn, Lockwood, Powell, and even a certain Eddie Rombo all of which have gone to Fev. I hope Fev don't come looking again for next season then again I think they're more interested in what Batley have on offer this time around.

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

When piggy's mate turns over a new leaf so shall I.

#34 Chris_T

Chris_T
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Its 2 years since we lost our 5 so called best players in Handforth, Rettie, Robinson, Hesketh and Manning. All were replaced by better players except perhaps Manning. We lost Brown last year and replaced with Johnson, in my opinion a much better winger. We'll get by!

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

I've heard Batley are in the s##t with their finances. Oh dear.

:lol: who told you that Eddie? I hope it wasn't your mate Tranqulizer as it was just pillow talk ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#36 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Wouldn't believe what you read. I believe Fev are after a couple of Batley player but Moore isn't one of them Lets all wait and see what happens

#37 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

When piggy's mate turns over a new leaf so shall I.

Attached Files

Edited by RPH, 21 June 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#38 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Oh dear oh dear mr rombo please just stick to ur car boots because without them dews would go bust

#39 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Oh yeah rombo just for the record when did dews produce a super league plsyer last????????? I will stand corrected but i believe it was micheal wainwright but who did he join after he left super league let me think ???? Oh yeah batley and then went back to super league to cas . Oh yeah then did what every over the hill player did which was let me think sbout this one !!!!!! Oh yeah joined dews to top up is pension ??? I think i made my point lol

#40 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

How can you afford to run as a business when your crowds are diabolical and you have no other way of financing the club? Nicholson won't bank roll you forever!

According to a genuine source they may have had their wages cut and that may have upset the apple cart.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 22 June 2013 - 12:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users