Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting news

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

I wonder what his genuine source was? I've heard Hemingway has signed for dewsbury but the only reason was that they offered more money and he's guaranteed to play every week. Either was you have a good lad there.

#42 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Lets just ignore Eddie trying to wind people up,let me just say this least not got pryce robbing us every week,it's not are best players that leave every year and also what do you know about are finances stick to your team and stop coming on here with your silly comments

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

We aren't in a financial mess.

We simply don't have the money to offer the same wages as clubs like Fev and Fax, etc. So if they offer our players more than we can, then we are likely to lose a few.

That's life. We will just have to find replacements. And I'm sure that process is already under way...

Yep. Just like many other Championship clubs, including mine.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

He hit the depths for me with his stated desire that we become financially crippled! If he cannot rise above petty regional rivalry to post vindictive and malicious comments he deserves all he gets on here. Personally I would hate any club to fall on bad times, and he seems to have forgotten his clubs financial plight at the beginning of this season.

I agree with you that no-one should wish ill upon any other RL club - we all need each other after all. However, when living in a glasshouse beware of throwing stones - a number of posters on here (BTJ being the obvious one) have clearly stated their ill will towards a n umber of other clubs. Shame on them!!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

I agree with you that no-one should wish ill upon any other RL club - we all need each other after all. However, when living in a glasshouse beware of throwing stones - a number of posters on here (BTJ being the obvious one) have clearly stated their ill will towards a n umber of other clubs. Shame on them!!

Not disagreeing with that at all, but as ER was the subject of the discussion at the time, I thought I would give my reasons for my own distaste of a number of his postings.

I also think there is a difference between stating ones 'ill-will' and dislike of other clubs, and hoping a club becomes 'financially crippled.' for no other reason than their geographical location.

#46 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

He dosnt seem to understand that is comments are vindictive and nasty. I ave said for a while now dews need batley just as much as we need dews . We ave to try and work to geather in these difficult times due to the fact no one cares about weather we go under or not other than us fans think what u want but the reailty is we should try to work togeather .

#47 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

He dosnt seem to understand that is comments are vindictive and nasty. I ave said for a while now dews need batley just as much as we need dews . We ave to try and work to geather in these difficult times due to the fact no one cares about weather we go under or not other than us fans think what u want but the reailty is we should try to work togeather .

Point taken. I've gone too far in recent posts. 

#48 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Taking my views slightly out of context there old boy.

Theres a big difference between 'ill will' towards other clubs and not being interested in the goings on at other clubs and wanting the best for your own club.

Its also a bit hypocritical you saying this in light of your constant sly jibes at Batley on here looking for a reaction.

Edited by buford t justice, 22 June 2013 - 10:47 AM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Taking my views slightly out of context there old boy.

Theres a big difference between 'ill will' towards other clubs and not being interested in the goings on at other clubs and wanting the best for your own club.

Its also a bit hypocritical you saying this in light of your constant sly jibes at Batley on here looking for a reaction.

I read the comment "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" as implied ill-will. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for "sly jibes", well if you can't take a little teasing about your club then you really shouldn't come on RL forums.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

I read the comment "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" as implied ill-will. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for "sly jibes", well if you can't take a little teasing about your club then you really shouldn't come on RL forums..

when BTJ says he "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" i think he is saying as long as Batley are safe and sound hes happy and that the others clubs should keep their own houses in order.
but he is not coming out and naming one particular club like ER and Energiser do.( ie Batley ) and wanting just Batley to go under and saying so on the Batley forum too.
even you BSJ and recently Coolie seem to have mellowed in your attitude towards the Bulldogs.

sorted BSJ....LOL

Edited by RPH, 22 June 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#51 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

when BTJ says he "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" i think he is saying as long as Batley are safe and sound hes happy and that the others clubs should keep their own houses in order.
but he is not coming out and naming one particular club like ER and Energiser do.( ie Batley ) and wanting just Batley to go under and saying so on the Batley forum too.
even you BTJ and recently Coolie seem to have mellowed in your attitude towards the Bulldogs.

Who's that MPH?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#52 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

That's just how I'd describe Finny myself. He's been great for us and still is, but I suspect he's going to struggle to reach the heights as often as time goes on sadly.

That's now Walmsley, Moore & Hirst that are supposed to be joining us from Batley for next season. Does that make Batley the new Dewsbury? :lol:

With next season being the season when the Super League Franchises are decided for 2015.Why would Featherstone with Super League aspirations sign 3 players who are not good enough for the Super League? 

I could understand Featherstone maybe looking at Flanagan or Johnson players who could make the step up to Super League. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#53 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

With next season being the season when the Super League Franchises are decided for 2015.Why would Featherstone with Super League aspirations sign 3 players who are not good enough for the Super League? 

I could understand Featherstone maybe looking at Flanagan or Johnson players who could make the step up to Super League. 

It's all just heresay at present anyway isn't it. Nothing regarding player movements is likely to come out until the end of the season.

As you say though, Fev (as do others in the Championship) have aspirations to play at a higher level. Without commenting on individual players, we're now at a bit of a crossroads with recruitment, as we need to start planning for 2015 without knowing what the league structure will be, nevermind whereabouts in it we'll be playing.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#54 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

In League Express it has Dewsbury interested in Tom Hemingway and Fev after Gareth Moore,George Flanagan,Alex Rowe and Keegan Hirst... hope JK has some irons in the fire if true to replace them for next season
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#55 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

All this speculation has got a bit out of control, considering there's still a season to complete yet.  It seems to be that the current nature of the game has bred this mad scramble to secure a squad (from a club's perspective) and a contract (from a player's perspective).  However, I can't help but think that there's also an element of gamesmanship and destablisation going on here from clubs leaking their "interest" in players to press contacts to generate a story and potentially unsettle players and therefore clubs.  It's just the cynic in me, I guess. 

We've already lost one of a trio of crucial games.  How interesting that the speculation about 7 or 8 of our players leaving started just prior to us taking on Sheffield, Leigh and Featherstone.

On the rumour that several Batley players are being courted by Featherstone, if this is the case, there should be some rich pickings at Post Office Road for JK to run the rule over.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 24 June 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#56 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

In League Express it has Dewsbury interested in Tom Hemingway and Fev after Gareth Moore,George Flanagan,Alex Rowe and Keegan Hirst... hope JK has some irons in the fire if true to replace them for next season

All done deals depending whp you speak to.

Also heard Mennell has signed for Halifax, Walton signed for Cas and Johnsons off to Bradford.

Also heard weve signed Matty Dale from Fev for next year.

Cant believe silly season has started in June.

#57 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

It is certainly bad for the sport that such speculation over shadows what should be an interesting finale to the season.  Clubs should not be allowed to approach or sign players until the close season (unless they are free agents not on a current contract). 

All this speculation has got a bit out of control, considering there's still a season to complete yet.  It seems to be that the current nature of the game has bred this mad scramble to secure a squad (from a club's perspective) and a contract (from a player's perspective).  However, I can't help but think that there's also an element of gamesmanship and destablisation going on here from clubs leaking their "interest" in players to press contacts to generate a story and potentially unsettle players and therefore clubs.  It's just the cynic in me, I guess. 

We've already lost one of a trio of crucial games.  How interesting that the speculation about 7 or 8 of our players leaving started just prior to us taking on Sheffield, Leigh and Featherstone.

On the rumour that several Batley players are being courted by Featherstone, if this is the case, there should be some rich pickings at Post Office Road for JK to run the rule over.

#58 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

All done deals depending whp you speak to.

Also heard Mennell has signed for Halifax, Walton signed for Cas and Johnsons off to Bradford.

Also heard weve signed Matty Dale from Fev for next year.

Cant believe silly season has started in June.

I though you 'phoned Radio Leeds to say that Batley were signing three Rams players BTJ. or was that a different Buford from Batley?

Silly season eh!

:elf:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#59 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Nothing to do with me that im afraid, I didnt even have the radio on yesterday. They do say immitation is a form of flattery though, maybe I have a fan club.

Can only think of one current Dewsbury player id like to see in a Batley shirt, you are welcome to the rest.

#60 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Who would that be???