Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting news

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

In League Express it has Dewsbury interested in Tom Hemingway and Fev after Gareth Moore,George Flanagan,Alex Rowe and Keegan Hirst... hope JK has some irons in the fire if true to replace them for next season

Flanagan,Alex Rowe&keegan big losses if this is true.

#62 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lillycrop impressed me

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#63 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Nothing to do with me that im afraid, I didnt even have the radio on yesterday. They do say immitation is a form of flattery though, maybe I have a fan club.

Can only think of one current Dewsbury player id like to see in a Batley shirt, you are welcome to the rest.

Apologies then for adding 2+2 and getting 5.

I'm still trying to figure out who the Rams player is though.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#64 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

From rams I'd take lillycrop,Aaron brown,dale Morton (if the rumours of jc and Greg going are true)

#65 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

No we need JC potts and johnson. We arnt gonna av a team left :(

#66 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Liilycrop dual reg??? Morton and brown yes walton not be missed and no offence will only get ocasional game due to jumps out of defence to much also got a classy winget outside him but gets no service. Moore too predictable take andy kain everyday of the week so imo will miss johnson and campbell but not the others if true that id

#67 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I must have been watching a different bulldogs with a different Jason Walton this season. I think he's been one of our best players so far this year and we will struggle to replace him.

#68 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I struggle to see why the forum seems to be going into meltdown over people leaving. Its unfortunately part of the modern game and when players are part time they cannot be blamed for maximizing their own earning potential.

Over the last few year we've lost lots of players that we would 'struggle to replace' for example Handforth, Manning, Spears, Mennell (when he went to Oz), Walmsley etc, but the following year we've still performed well on the pitch, and brought in quality replacements like Black, Davies, Applegarth.

Theres 10 games to go with this current side so instead of speculating where or where not they'll be playing next season, we should just back the lads and then look to 2014 come the end of the season imo.

#69 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just so that they don't feel left out of all this nonsense, can I add the following rumours which I've just made up:

Faal to Leeds Rhinos
Potts back to Wakefield
Greenwood to Melbourne Storm
Black to Halifax
Smith to Salford
Bretherton to Bradford
Lindsay to Wigan
Davies to Castleford
Leary to Hull FC

Apologies to any player who hasn't yet been linked with a move but I think that's the lot
Oh and JK to take over from Wayne Bennett in OZ.

Everyone happy now?

#70 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just so that they don't feel left out of all this nonsense, can I add the following rumours which I've just made up:

Faal to Leeds Rhinos
Potts back to Wakefield
Greenwood to Melbourne Storm
Black to Halifax
Smith to Salford
Bretherton to Bradford
Lindsay to Wigan
Davies to Castleford
Leary to Hull FC

Apologies to any player who hasn't yet been linked with a move but I think that's the lot
Oh and JK to take over from Wayne Bennett in OZ.

Everyone happy now?

Since youve hit the nail on the head with the the rumour mongering.Might as well dish this one about the wages being cut for next season and  J.K. and the players well @issed off .

THURSDAY THE HEAVY WOLLEN EXPECTS.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#71 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Since youve hit the nail on the head with the the rumour mongering.Might as well dish this one about the wages being cut for next season and  J.K. and the players well @issed off .

This might well be true with the pay cuts. If it is, we aren't the first team in this division to do that this season. However, no confirmation from anyone in the know. Delighted to hear the Heavy Wollen are right behind us, it's to be hoped the Heavy Woollen are too!

Edited by distantdog, 25 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#72 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Since youve hit the nail on the head with the the rumour mongering.Might as well dish this one about the wages being cut for next season and J.K. and the players well @issed off .

All clubs are on a reduced budget from the RFL in 2014. So yes most clubs will be offering reduced wages I would imagine. Clubs with squadbuilders, private revenue streams, etc may be able to help make up the shortfall, but I suspect the majority of clubs will have to review their salary based expenditure in accordance.

You may have to settle for signing on 40 players next year, rather than 50 as a result.

#73 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

You cut your cloth accordingly and only so many players can play for the big spenders the rest will have to take the best offers they can and I am certain Batley will be up there trying to get the best available for the money that they have available. In my knowledge batley have never overspent in recent years and run a tight ship. I doubt the rumour mongers from over the valley have any more idea on Batley's finances that we do of theirs. What I do know is a NR cup final and Play off final will help win or lose so lets get behind the team for the remainder of the season before they all leave for Fev ;)

#74 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Well said piggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users