Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

PNG STAR CHRIS AITON,SET FOR THE RAMS IN 2014

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ok, lets put it down to terrible journalism, shall we? A repeat of the Gordon Fifita 'Tongan dual-registration international signs for Dewsbury' epic, then. Just to remind you, Mr Fifita appeared to not actually exist and there was certainly no record of him having played either code of rugby at international leve. I'd suggest that the press are guilty of dreadful research, or they're being fed facts by someone who doesn't know their bottom from their elbow.

Yep, I think you're right. It is terrible journalism from which RL seems to suffer more than most nowadays, sadly.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#42 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I think your right, I'm sure I heard that story. Still, its extremely odd that a player from a Kolpak nation wasn't able to gain a work permit with an EU country? Oh well, ho hum....

He was New Zealand born if im not mistaken which would have meant he did need a permit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users