• 687 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

I. Agree he is no paedophile

#22 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

The judge seemed to think he "groomed" the girl concerned. He took advantage of an immature girl when her life was falling apart. He is twice her age.

He got a year for the abduction and the rest of the sentence related to the conduct and sex.

She isn't an adult she is 15 and children need protecting from people in positions of trust who fail to observe the lines.

I know the year I left school one of my teachers was newly qualified (21) and he said it found very difficult teaching 16 year old girls.

Edited by Red Willow, 22 June 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

A horny teenage pupil comes not a teacher he obliges (like most would) ad he gets 5 half yr in jail I for one are shocked by this every teachers dream ain't it??? So I was told recently

He knows the boundaries. He knows you don't cross that line or else.
He is ultimately at fault.
If his feelings were sincere ( misplaced but sincere) he could easily have waited a year or so until she either left school and was legal.

Young girls need protection from older men (and women)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#24 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Even if the student is over 16, I think the teacher might be breaking the law and he/she would certainly lose their job if discovered.

There was some talk about increasing the age of consent to 18 in teacher-pupil sex but it's still 16 for now.

#25 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

There was some talk about increasing the age of consent to 18 in teacher-pupil sex but it's still 16 for now.

Nope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-22989030
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#26 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I. Agree he is no paedophile

He is. He is just a different kind of paedophile to Hall. Hall was worse.

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

He is. He is just a different kind of paedophile to Hall. Hall was worse.

He may or may not be a paedophile, I don't know him.
But many guys must have had sex with 15 year old girls they met in pubs etc. (assumed they were older) It doesn't make them paedophiles does it?

#28 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

But many guys must have had sex with 15 year old girls they met in pubs etc. (assumed they were older) It doesn't make them paedophiles does it?

He doesn't really need to be a paedophile for it to be wrong. The reason, as a teacher, you're not meant to groom and **** a schoolgirl isn't necessarily because she's a few months shy of the age of consent: it's because you are in an almost unique position of emotional trust, authority and influence over her.

*And* she's under the age of consent.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#29 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was listening to a report about this on Radio 4 news this week and the reporter said, 'Forrest broke the first rule of teaching to not have sexual relations with his pupils.'

It made me think, if this is the first rule I wonder what the top 5 are!

#30 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

He doesn't really need to be a paedophile for it to be wrong. The reason, as a teacher, you're not meant to groom and **** a schoolgirl isn't necessarily because she's a few months shy of the age of consent: it's because you are in an almost unique position of emotional trust, authority and influence over her.

*And* she's under the age of consent.

I completely agree.
I was just pointing out that getting done for underage sex doesn't necessarily make you a paedophile. Not that it is ok either.

Edited by Johnoco, 22 June 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#31 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I wonder how many of these 15 year old girl that are in the pub, will be dressed as a school girl and i wonder how many of the people who slept with them knew they were a 15 year old school girl.

#32 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

I wonder how many of these 15 year old girl that are in the pub, will be dressed as a school girl and i wonder how many of the people who slept with them knew they were a 15 year old school girl.

Er, that sort of was my point.

#33 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thank you.

I thought I'd got it right.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#34 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Believe me, I am not defending the teacher in this case.He's old enough and trained enough to realise that he committed a gross violation of privilege and trust.

However, with regard to the axiom '"Let he that is innocent of sin cast the first stone" , how many posters can say that they never had sex before they were 16? Human nature dictates the likelihood is that men will claim a flourishing pre-relationship  sex- life, whilst women will claim a corrresponding adherence to chastity.

As ever, we will do nothing to sort the dilemma

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#35 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

That's surely not the point. Teachers are meant to be in a position of trust, not in a nightclub half cut.

#36 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

I have no problem with his jail sentence. I do have a problem with Hall's though.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#37 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

It was hardly an accident, he knew how old she was.

#38 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

That's surely not the point. Teachers are meant to be in a position of trust, not in a nightclub half cut.

Teachers are allowed to be in nighclubs, half-cut. They just have to be discreet about not doing it in the area where they work.

#39 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Jeremy Forrest was in a position of responsibility and he grossly violated this.

Saying that some 15 year olds can look 16 etc is irrelevant. Firstly, he knew exactly how old she was and there is simply no comparison to making a mistake with a girl that has been made up to look older than she is in a nightclub. He knew full well that his position meant that he couldn't have a relationship with her.

Most people on her presume that it would have been some kind of one off. There is no evidence of this, he clearly found young girls attractive and there is nothing to suggest that he would have stopped at this 15 year old girl. Who knows how many of his 13/14 year olds that looked a bit older than they were he found attractive and would have fallen in love with?

He groomed an underage girl, it is not difficult to avoid a situation where you will fall in love with a pupil. I very much doubt it just happened one day. They were right to severely punish him and send out a message to any others.

#40 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Teachers are allowed to be in nighclubs, half-cut. They just have to be discreet about not doing it in the area where they work.

They don't have to be but of course it wouldn't make much sense to make a fool of yourself regularly with parents watching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users