Shaun Briscoe leaves Widnes Vikings

Widnes Vikings have confirmed that Shaun Briscoe has left the club with immediate effect by mutual consent.

Vikings CEO James Rule commented: "Shaun has had limited playing opportunities this year and we have therefore agreed to an early release from his existing contract. This will enable him to pursue other options that will provide him with more regular playing opportunities.

"We thank Shaun for his contribution to the Vikings and wish him the best of luck in his future career."

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

i'm really sad to see shaun leave but he has had terrible luck with injuries which have hampered his time with the vikings, and i wish him well where ever he goes....

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

i'm really sad to see shaun leave but he has had terrible luck with injuries which have hampered his time with the vikings, and i wish him well where ever he goes....

But he admitted in a local rag that he's been fit all season, just Betts wasn't picking him. There has been rumours of a fall out between the two..........

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

I'm also surprised Salford wasn't his immediate destination.

workington was a more attractive option than salford.............

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Just to be clear, that is twice James Rule has become chief executive of a club then in his first year let Briscoe go. It was after he had taken up the same position at Hull they decided not to renew Briscoe's contract.

Hull didn't let Briscoe go. They offered him a contract that, in Shaun's eyes, wasn't enough. They then allowed him to talk to other clubs. After this he apparently decided he'd rather stay at Hull but Hull had already allocated some of his contract money elsewhere. (Must be summat in the name "Briscoe" here...)

So he ended up at Hull KR.

Feel for the lad really, one of the bravest and biggest hearted competitors around but his body simply couldn't cope with the batterings he constantly put it through in this sport of ours.

Hope things go well for him and his family at Workington and wherever else he goes.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

workington was a more attractive option than salford.............

In the way that Basra is more attractive than Mogadishu

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

A really gutsy player, hope he has better luck at Workington.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

From Carlisle, how can you have the nerve to say that.

Workington, where you can count half a dozen eggs on the fingers of one hand. I'm from St Helens and live in Stockdalewath (look it up it doesn't resemble siddick)

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Workington, where you can count half a dozen eggs on the fingers of one hand. I'm from St Helens and live in Stockdalewath (look it up it doesn't resemble siddick)

Delightful,you sound lovely.

Delightful,you sound lovely.

Sorry, thought I was bantering with someone with a sense of humour. For the record Wukkinton does not resemble Basra and the residents usually have 5 fingers on each hand. Siddick is a charming fishing village.

Was a very good old fashioned fullback had the pleasure of watching him back in 04, 05 where he was a top support player and safe as houses but unfortunately with injuries and the way the game as changed the role of the fullback hasn't helped saun and I would say now that top end of championship is where he shud b playing.