Shaun Briscoe leaves Widnes Vikings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Workington, where you can count half a dozen eggs on the fingers of one hand. I'm from St Helens and live in Stockdalewath (look it up it doesn't resemble siddick)

Delightful,you sound lovely.

#22 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Delightful,you sound lovely.

Sorry, thought I was bantering with someone with a sense of humour. For the record Wukkinton does not resemble Basra and the residents usually have 5 fingers on each hand. Siddick is a charming fishing village.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

That's some world class banter.

#24 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Was a very good old fashioned fullback had the pleasure of watching him back in 04, 05 where he was a top support player and safe as houses but unfortunately with injuries and the way the game as changed the role of the fullback hasn't helped saun and I would say now that top end of championship is where he shud b playing.

#25 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

The best nose in rugby league...

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Surprised that Leeds or London haven't tabled an offer.

Good player.

Why would Leeds want to sign a fullback.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#27 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

He played 14 mins for us then pulled up with a injury could be a few weeks

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

D'oh!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

That's some world class banter.

Don't worry dkw, he has a dislike of Workington because his dad's Carlisle team suffered many times at the hands of Wukkinton.   :P

Behave yourself David.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users