Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Player In/out

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Now it's that time of season does anyone know who is actually signed on for next season at Fev

Hardman
Tongan(forgot his name)
Worthington
Finn

Edited by jt, 21 June 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hardman

Saxton

Smeaton

Worthington

Uaisele

Finn

Briggs

Ellis

Bryan

Hellewell

Dale

Crossley

James

Anymore?

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Lets hope Briggs gets back fit it will be like a new signing really next season

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

England is I think, although obviously it's rumoured he will be moving on.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

England is I think, although obviously it's rumoured he will be moving on.

Don't think that's a rumour

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Don't think that's a rumour

It is until it's officially announced ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

According to the Sun our (Batley) Gareth Moore has signed a 2 year deal with you guys.

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

According to the Sun our (Batley) Gareth Moore has signed a 2 year deal with you guys.

Our CEO told me and others last night that he wasn't aware of this newspaper article and it wasn't true anyway
Im Fev and im proud

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

I hope it isn't true, not because Gareth isn't a good player but if true, it means a better player is leaving in my opinion.

#10 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I hope it isn't true, not because Gareth isn't a good player but if true, it means a better player is leaving in my opinion.

I agree. For all that Finn (and Kain) may not have been at their best this season, I don't think there are many Championship teams that wouldn't take either of them with open arms.

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I agree. For all that Finn (and Kain) may not have been at their best this season, I don't think there are many Championship teams that wouldn't take either of them with open arms.

Your bang on with that the best in this league for a few years shame some of our fans don't realise that

#12 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Finn and Kain are decent players, but for me are easily controlled in the big matches by the better teams. Our half back play is slow and predictable and needs some new ideas/fresh blood. Look at last seasons Grand Final and Northern Rail Trophy Final and see how little we were allowed to create and how little impact Finn and Kain had. And that's not to mention the lack of an effective kicking game.

I also half wonder whether we should move Kain back to hooker, and use him as an impact player against tiring defences.

Anyway, thats my take on things...

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Briscoe? Released by Widnes and rumoured to be coming our way

#14 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Briscoe? Released by Widnes and rumoured to be coming our way

gone to workington mate.

#15 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Steve, weren't you one of the people bemoaning Powell's lack of silverware? Have you changed your mind about his departure yet.
They may have not won the silverware that they should have under Powell but he turned them into contenders, I don't know if they will be for much longer on recent performances,( although I did miss the York and Leigh games )but I sincerely hope that I am incorrect.

You may have some valid points about last year's finals, but if you cast your mind back to the Sheffield 2011 final you may recall that it was Finn and Kain's first half performance that was the platform for the victory.

#16 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Steve, weren't you one of the people bemoaning Powell's lack of silverware? Have you changed your mind about his departure yet.
They may have not won the silverware that they should have under Powell but he turned them into contenders, I don't know if they will be for much longer on recent performances,( although I did miss the York and Leigh games )but I sincerely hope that I am incorrect.

You may have some valid points about last year's finals, but if you cast your mind back to the Sheffield 2011 final you may recall that it was Finn and Kain's first half performance that was the platform for the victory.

yes very true but last year Sheffield learnt from there mistakes and did a good job on finn and kain and won the big prize

#17 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

yes very true but last year Sheffield learnt from there mistakes and did a good job on finn and kain and won the big prize

Had Smeaton not been injured in training last year and Ellis not gone back to Wakey we would of won easy in the final and 2 year previous the game hadn't stopedfor half an hour I believe it would of been 3 from 3 but it wasn't to be and we are where we are

#18 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

The way I see it you ideally start the season with 3 decent half backs in your squad. So this would be Finn, Kain and Briggs, who in my opinion are the best in the division.

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the middle of the season is not easy.

It does make me laugh how fickle some of our fans are. It wasn't too long that I heard negative comments about Briggsy and were full of praise for Kain and Finn. Now we lose disapointingley to Donny and I bet the same people are wishing Briggsy was fit.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 23 June 2013 - 01:45 PM.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Had Smeaton not been injured in training last year and Ellis not gone back to Wakey we would of won easy in the final and 2 year previous the game hadn't stopedfor half an hour I believe it would of been 3 from 3 but it wasn't to be and we are where we are

you can never be sure about these things, but i agree with you

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

The way I see it you ideally start the season with 3 decent half backs in your squad. So this would be Finn, Kain and Briggs, who in my opinion are the best in the division.

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the missle of the season is not easy.

It does make me laugh how fickle some of our fans are. It wasn't too long that I heard negative comments about Briggsy and were full of praise for Kain and Finn. Now we lose disapointingley to Donny and I bet the same people are wishing Briggsy was fit.

i would never have a go at Kainy. he's bound to go off the boil at sometime. there are times when he has been dragging us over the line all on his own.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image