Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

gone to workington mate.

Thank goodness. Dont think he would have added anything

#22 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

According to League Weekly - Fev raid Batley.................Gareth Moore, Walmsley (brother) & Keegan Hurst with Andy Kain moving the other way!!

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,269 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

add Flanagan to that....

Hmmmmmm...........
any player who pulls on a fev shirt will get my support... but flannagan???? I don't see in his signing what the bod/new coach do if you are correct!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

The way I see it you ideally start the season with 3 decent half backs in your squad. So this would be Finn, Kain and Briggs, who in my opinion are the best in the division.

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the middle of the season is not easy.

It does make me laugh how fickle some of our fans are. It wasn't too long that I heard negative comments about Briggsy and were full of praise for Kain and Finn. Now we lose disapointingley to Donny and I bet the same people are wishing Briggsy was fit.

Plus the fact that Jonny Hepworth has been out of sorts this season. If he's fit I'd like to see him back at either R/H or L/H pivot next week, which is his natural position though he hasn't played there yet this season. Surely we can afford to rest someone before we play Batley? He needs to regain confidence so that we have reliable back up in case of injury to Kain or Finn, and if he should return to top form we could return to using two stand-offs, in the same formation as when we won the GF. 

#25 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't get the Andy Kain going the other way thing? If it's in the League Express there will be an element of accuracy to it but if so it's a shocker.

Everyone knows that I am Kainy's biggest fan but even so with my bias I can't see why he would leave.

1) He's not signed on so we wouldn't get a fee, even though we would get an inferior half back and a bloke who is playing for the Bulldogs, who pi st on his chips a few years ago when at Bradford. Yeah, RL's about redemption and all that, I get it.

2) Andrew Kain is still only 27 years of age, yes 27, he is still in his prime.

3) He has played for 7 seasons at Rovers amassing around 110 tries, he is only 3 seasons from a lucrative benefit, and would still only be 30 years of age.

4) Basically he is the best stand off half in our division and as one very astute poster said has dragged us over the line on many occasions and will continue to do so.

5) He's as hard as nails and he comes back from 3 month potential injuries in 2 weeks.

6) He can adeptly play, Hooker, Scrum half and Stand off without wanting to tarmac your drive.

7) He's the most naturally talented player in the squad.

8) He's got the longest head to body size ratio.

TAKAS.

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

I don't get the Andy Kain going the other way thing? If it's in the League Express there will be an element of accuracy to it but if so it's a shocker.

Everyone knows that I am Kainy's biggest fan but even so with my bias I can't see why he would leave.

1) He's not signed on so we wouldn't get a fee, even though we would get an inferior half back and a bloke who is playing for the Bulldogs, who pi st on his chips a few years ago when at Bradford. Yeah, RL's about redemption and all that, I get it.

3) He has played for 7 seasons at Rovers amassing around 110 tries, he is only 3 seasons from a lucrative benefit, and would still only be 30 years of age.

4) Basically he is the best stand off half in our division and as one very astute poster said has dragged us over the line on many occasions and will continue to do so.

5) He's as hard as nails and he comes back from 3 month potential injuries in 2 weeks.

6) He can adeptly play, Hooker, Scrum half and Stand off without wanting to tarmac your drive.

TAKAS.

nodding here boss ( in agreement) lol

Edited by oldrover, 24 June 2013 - 07:31 PM.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Don't know what's going off if we let Kainy go The only way he shouldn't be in a Fev shirt next year is if he doesn't want to play for us

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. The only thing I think is missing from his game is stronger kicking ability, but then if he had that as well he wouldn't be with us, he'd be in SL.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#29 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

The only way I would have imagined Andy leaving is to a club where he'd briefly worn the shirt before, where is uncle played and under a coach that really loved him. No more clues needed. Some may say he is not SL standard but he's good enough for that club at present.

#30 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Time will tell. Personally, whilst potential player news does interest me, I'm far more interested in how this season will unfold than who might be in the team for 2014!

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#31 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Kainy wont go to cas - theyve already burnt their bridges with that option according to the man himself

#32 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Our CEO told me and others last night that he wasn't aware of this newspaper article and it wasn't true anyway

you're ceo hasn't spoke to mr bastian or probiz then? Done deal with the rest with hopefully 6 joining us who are in talks this coming weeks campbell and sherdian wrote a list of decent championship players and it was tore up and bastian said he wants his own team and thinks finn and kain are past it for starters also heard he is trying to sign thackery from fax

Edited by Keep The Faith, 25 June 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#33 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

you're ceo hasn't spoke to mr bastian or probiz then? Done deal with the rest with hopefully 6 joining us who are in talks this coming weeks campbell and sherdian wrote a list of decent championship players and it was tore up and bastian said he wants his own team and thinks finn and kain are past it for starters also heard he is trying to sign thackery from fax

I haven't got a crystal ball or neither am I a mind reader, so don't know if he's spoken to them, just actually put it on here to prove a point, but on this one you've no idea on which point I'm trying to prove!!!

Edited by Maureen T-k, 25 June 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I will believe mo on this one as I was leaning towards believing your post but when you said were trying to sign thackery to replace Finn or kain that did it for me. Its like replacing deryck fox with mark Aston 😄😄😄.

#35 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

TAKAS.

Agree Andy. It would be a shock and a disappointment to me if he's allowed to leave. Great little player
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#36 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

So much for nobody leaving then that's what was said at that meeting wasn't it

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Its like replacing deryck fox with mark Aston .

Agreed. That was madness.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#38 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Agreed. That was madness.

Never happened. Aston replaced Brett Daunt
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Never happened. Aston replaced Brett Daunt

True terry it was just an example of what I thought replacing Finn or kain with thackery would be like. But on that note Aston replacing daunt was madness too 😄😄😄.Nearly as bad as currier replacing newlove.But I'm sure JB will want to build his own team to play to his style of rugby and not inherit someone else's team so maybe their will be a mass of exits and incomings who knows.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 June 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#40 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

League Weekly says Moore is believed to have signed a rwo year deal, also front rower Keegan Hirst is coming. Kain is shown as a possible leaver and going to Batley. I would not like to see Kain going. It looks as though England has pl;ayed his last game and Sheridan is looking for cover for the absentees such as Smeaton and England. Although Hepworth it says is likely to be available this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users