Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Player In/out

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Money was put up front.

Yes, I'm sure it was. Nobody would be daft enough to issue the shares without seeing the colour of his money.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#62 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

JB hasn't even got in the Fev hot seat yet and your not happy with him. He hasn't had a top job at wire for so long for spotting rubbish talent. As much as I rate kainy if JB doesn't and wants to offload him so be it. ( Its all just rumours at the moment anyway). All I'm saying is whatever JB does no need to judge him until the end of next season as you never know he might actually win all the 3 for all we know at least give him a chance to get in and settle in the job before you slate him.

TG - spot on, in fact probably your best ever :)

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#63 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Not for certain but i do know he wanted a say in who got the coachs position and the club wouldnt allow it and wasnt happy over that and his comments and his coloumn on the website has dried up - not heard a thing since the fax game on that side of things and the club dont seem to be pushing probiz as much as they did so from an outsider looking in, yes it does look like there has been a disagreement somewhere although the club will deny it and yes i do know i can contact MC or CP if i wish to discuss the matter as that will be the next line from someone

If he is part of the board and putting his money in surely he would of had a say wouldn't he

#64 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

?? The rumours concern Gareth Moore of Batley, a scrum-half, not Richard Moore.

Blinking heck, really going round the twist. Of course it is the Batley player, slightly sidetracked by suzzie, although from watching last nights performance, I still say that that Batley has nothing to offer.

#65 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

You can have Mr Moore immediately for me. Just don't dare criticise his performance or you'll get lambasted on Twitter like some of our fans have.

They can "lambast" as much as they want, as long as they keep their hands off.

#66 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Blinking heck, really going round the twist. Of course it is the Batley player, slightly sidetracked by suzzie, although from watching last nights performance, I still say that that Batley has nothing to offer.

Give it a week or so to make up your minds ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#67 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Give it a week or so to make up your minds ;)

we do not want the Batley bench players.

#68 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Didn't realise it was your decision!

#69 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

It depends what you call bench players Bob? Both Bostock and Ellis start from the bench, but they are just as good as the players they come on to replace.

#70 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

It depends what you call bench players Bob? Both Bostock and Ellis start from the bench, but they are just as good as the players they come on to replace.

Quite. The game has moved on from the days when the best thirteen started and the subs were not quite up to it. Last year, Walmesley started most if not all of his games from the bench, he seems to have done ok for himself.

#71 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Please take moore you are welcome to him a bit of a big head who needs taking down a peg or two. Could be a good signing if you can make him realise in real potential just like you did with finn.wasnt that good at yours the first time round but you did get the best out of him when you fetched him back

Edit use of text speak and a lot more

Edited by Maureen T-k, 02 July 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#72 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

Not disrespecting anyone from any bench, Steve, but some benches are more dynamic and effective than their counterparts as witness Andy Bostock and Ellis.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 02 July 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#73 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

This is pure speculation on my part. But League Weekly and League Express this week both talked about us chasing a prop (possibly from SL, possibly on loan) to cover Anthony England's absence. This week Ben Gledhill (registered with Salford, on loan with Sheffield) has thanked Salford and now Sheffield for his time with them, and Sheffield have announced on their Twitter feed that he has left the club. Likely I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but anyone know where he's going?

#74 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Was he with us before ?

#75 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

As we have seen this last week there has been some movement in S/L. Does anyone know of any players at Fev who have been told they can look else where for next season ?

#76 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Kain has said he is going nowhere. It's a load of rubbish. That's how I heard it from someone who has spoken to him directly.

#77 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Was he with us before ?

Yes.

A Fev Blog

#78 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yes.

Dual reg from Wakefield in 2011 I think.

#79 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,031 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Came over from wakey when t'fat lads were on t'sick.
Some wakey fans were praising him very highly at the time but in my opinion at least, he pulled up few trees whilst he was in a fev shirt!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#80 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Kain has said he is going nowhere. It's a load of rubbish. That's how I heard it from someone who has spoken to him directly.

That's what Tiger Handforth told us at Bstley before leaving for Fax :lol: I dont blame any player who leaves for any reason

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: