Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shaun Briscoe signs for Town

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=11666

#2 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Must have posted at the same time  ...mine just took 30 seconds longer to travel over the North Sea ;-)

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Fantastic news . Biggest signing in quite a while . A statement of intent and a sign of how far we've come and where we are going .
This will raise the profile of the club , give us great exposure and be a great incentive for other top notch players to follow . Well done to all involved , I'm well chuffed . Up n up !

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yes, a great signing and well done to everyone connected with the signing.    Hopefully, he gets to like it here and signs again for next season.   It will free up Brett Carter to get a more roaming role in the team which can only be good.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Fantastic!
Well done BOD, a great signing.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Fantastic signing, well done to BOD, & Welcome Shaun.

#7 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Great signing by the BOD and a super shop window opportunity for Shaun to display his worth to the Rugby League World. It would be great if we could harness his skills and knowledge for next season as well. Welcome to Town Shaun!

#8 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

great signing guys, your squad is very strong on paper and you should easily avoid relegation.

Good look at the weekend! :D

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well done charlo ogg and the bod! Great news! Carter can learn from him and they can bounce off each other

#10 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

I would hazard a guess former Hull team-mates Dowes and Thacks being here would have something to do with him signing. And well done to the BOD and Charlo and Oggy for pulling off this signing.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#11 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Carter can learn from him and they can bounce off each other

cant see carter staying much longer now use have signed briscoe

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

He's still a huge part of our set up . He doesn't need a position . And it's initially only this year ... Dream on !

#13 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

cant see carter staying much longer now use have signed briscoe

Carter can play more than one position, I can see him getting switched to the wing in place of Calderwood. Briscoe, at the moment, is only here until the end of the season.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

And I can't see him wanting to play champ 1 again ...

#15 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

but does he want to play in any other position? its like ballard joined swinton from us and didn't like it as he was getting played on the wing

#16 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

but does he want to play in any other position? its like ballard joined swinton from us and didn't like it as he was getting played on the wing

Should it matter? You play where you coach tells you.

#17 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Should it matter? You play where you coach tells you.

Well yes it does matter... ballard left cause he wasn't enjoying where he was playing?

#18 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

And that is the problem with modern day sports professionals!!!

#19 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

And that is the problem with modern day sports professionals!!!

but if you don't enjoy where your playing then why should they play there?

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

I get the point but I don't ever see Brett shoved out on the wing . Full back , centre or half he can play his own game from any of those positions , or as a floater off the bench . He gets himself involved and weaves a web from anywhere . He doesn't need a set position really anyway , he just plays his game near the ball , but he won't be frozen out on the flank I wouldn't think . No point in our team anyway , he'd hardly be involved . To good for that . Never seen him unhappy on a pitch either ! He won't miss out regardless of Briscoe , he'll get plenty of game time and maybe even more opportunities further up in the line .

Edited by DavidM, 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users