Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shaun Briscoe signs for Town

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Because you're getting paid and if you're happy enough to take the cash when things are going well you should work for it when things aren't.

What's to say Brett doesn't prove he's worthy of the full back place and Briscoe get moved?

Edited by GeordieTownie, 21 June 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Good squad , good competition in every place with someone looking over you're shoulder = good incentive to play well . This is good news , end of story . No negative here.

#23 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Because you're getting paid and if you're happy enough to take the cash when things are going well you should work for it when things aren't.

Exactly! Your getting paid! Some players don't just think of the money, and think about how good they want to play

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

cant see carter staying much longer now use have signed briscoe

lets be honest hed rather play stand off or centre in a championship side rather than full back against the likes of hemel and gloucester. brett may not be here next season as he only signed a 1 year deal but dont you think were covering all eventualities. and just because ballard spat the dummy dosent mean brett will. it probably shows ballard couldnt play any other position but brett has plenty of options.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

lets be honest hed rather play stand off or centre in a championship side rather than full back against the likes of hemel and gloucester. brett may not be here next season as he only signed a 1 year deal but dont you think were covering all eventualities. and just because ballard spat the dummy dosent mean brett will. it probably shows ballard couldnt play any other position but brett has plenty of options.

Ballard was just an example

#26 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Brett Carters class can play stand off as well as full back

#27 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Exactly! Your getting paid! Some players don't just think of the money, and think about how good they want to play

Are you trying to stir it up a bit mate? Just because Briscoe has signed doesn't mean Brett will throw his toys out of the pram and pack in with Town. I think that's just more wishful thinking on your part. I'm sure Brett will play a big part in the remainder of this season, he is a big part of our squad and we all love him up here. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#28 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Is it just me? but you can never seem to get on the haven forum when we make a star signing??!

#29 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Are you trying to stir it up a bit mate? Just because Briscoe has signed doesn't mean Brett will throw his toys out of the pram and pack in with Town. I think that's just more wishful thinking on your part. I'm sure Brett will play a big part in the remainder of this season, he is a big part of our squad and we all love him up here. 

Nope not stirring anything up, when he got replaced by Briscoe earlier in the season he wasn't too happy about it, as he put that on twitter. Im not wishful thinking at all, id love carter down at barrow 

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

My thoughts exactly voodoo . Big spoon being brought into the forum here . Not one town fan has had any negative comment to make or tied themselves in knots wondering how things are gonna pan out . You need a squad , and Brett is and will remain a huge part of it in a central position weaving his magic , and getting plenty of game time . He's multi talented and will do what he always does regardless of number . And position is just a starting base for him - he'll pop up anywhere and play his game as he's always done

Edited by DavidM, 21 June 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#31 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

They've imploded again!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#32 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

but if you don't enjoy where your playing then why should they play there?

There is certain things I don't like about my
Job but I am getting paid and have to get on with things.

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Have we heard anything deffo about Flynn as well or is Calders reprieved ?

#34 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

There is certain things I don't like about my
Job but I am getting paid and have to get on with things.

Players play rugby because they enjoy it and its there hobbie, not because there getting paid, unless your a full timer in super league

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Interesting view . I can think of a few we've had getting a handy pay packet for not much return ...and no doubt plenty at other lower league teams to

Edited by DavidM, 21 June 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#36 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Interesting view . I can think of a few we've had getting a handy pay packet for not much return ...and no doubt plenty at other lower league teams to

exactly

#37 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Players play rugby because they enjoy it and its there hobbie, not because there getting paid, unless your a full timer in super league

Your on could 9 if you don't think they try and get as much money out of it as possible

#38 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Very romantic thought but some still choose to play amateur with their mates rather than sign but if your cloud cuckoo land theory stands up there'd never be contract negotiations as everyone would just play regardless of what they earned.

Carter is class and just because Town have signed another full back it doesn't mean that's it. He could play in other positions, Briscoe could play in other positions.

Nice try though. I'd expect comments like that from a Haven fan not a Barrow fan

#39 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Have we heard anything deffo about Flynn as well or is Calders reprieved ?

i think if flynn isnt playing then we will see mossop out there. i cant see calders playing and he dosent deserve to off recent efforts.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Aye , and that'll give us a rock solid defender there I guess . Calders will regroup though I'm sure of that , I'm backing him to regain his confidence , he never lacks effort .